Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Cerca nel supporto

Attenzione alle mail truffa. Mozilla non chiederà mai di chiamare o mandare messaggi a un numero di telefono o di inviare dati personali. Segnalare qualsiasi attività sospetta utilizzando l'opzione “Segnala abuso”.

Ulteriori informazioni
Questa discussione è archiviata. Inserire una nuova richiesta se occorre aiuto.
Risolto Archiviato

32 bit java

jfleming

I am running ubuntu on an AMD 64 bit system. I have installed firefox as part of the distribution. I need to run a 32-bit java app with the 32-bit jre plugin. When I install the 32-bit jre plugin per http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/manual-plugin-install-linux-136395.html the java plugin is not found (I don't see it listed in the Add-ons Manager and http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp cannot verify it) however when I install the 64-bit jre the plugin is found and works correctly. Is there a way to install the 32-bit jre plugin given my current sysem configuration?

Thanks

I am running ubuntu on an AMD 64 bit system. I have installed firefox as part of the distribution. I need to run a 32-bit java app with the 32-bit jre plugin. When I install the 32-bit jre plugin per http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/manual-plugin-install-linux-136395.html the java plugin is not found (I don't see it listed in the Add-ons Manager and http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp cannot verify it) however when I install the 64-bit jre the plugin is found and works correctly. Is there a way to install the 32-bit jre plugin given my current sysem configuration? Thanks

Tutte le risposte (2)

Hello,

Any specific reason why you need to run this application on a 32-bit JRE only. The 64-bit JRE will be able to run the applet / JWS application that you are trying to run.

Also, does this applet / application have any specific dependency on the Sun JRE? Can you not use the IcedTea plugin for this?

Thank you

Soluzione scelta

Thanks for the reply, it looks like the solution is to use update-alternatives.