Questa discussione è archiviata. Inserire una nuova richiesta se occorre aiuto.
FF process firefox*32 will not close when close Firefox 7.01 program. How do I fix?
Close FF 7.01 program but process does not stop in background so I can't restart without going to task manager to kill original process which is over 200k in Task Manager.
Tutte le risposte (3)
Sounds like Firefox is "hanging at exit". That problem is frequently caused by an Extension or a Plugin. Read all of the following articles.
- Stop the Firefox process:
- Mozillazine - Kill application
- Windows 7 users click here
- Mac users: http://techheavy.com/2011/02/the-mac-task-manager/
- Why Firefox may hang:
- Use Firefox Safe Mode to find a problem with an Extension or Plugin:
- Don't check anything when entering Safe Mode, just continue
- If the problem does not occur in Safe Mode it is probably and Extension or Plugin causing the problem
If this reply solves your problem, please click "Solved It" next to this reply when signed-in to the forum.
Thanks for the suggestions. It may take me a while to work through these but I know they will help. Appreciate the time and response. I didn't know if it was FF701 that was a problem or not. I have to admit I changed to IE9 a few times (32 not 64 since I read so many bad things about the 64 bit version).
After you have had a chance to go through the procedures, please post back in this thread with your results.
Also, if your problem is solved after working through the suggestions, to help other users find solutions, please return and sign-in to the forum with your user name and password:
- click on "Solved It" next to the reply ABOVE that BEST solved your question
- DO NOT click "Solved It" next to this reply