Questa discussione è archiviata. Inserire una nuova richiesta se occorre aiuto.
How can I save my browser history, with dates and times included?
I need to save my browser history with date and times included. I tried doing the backup, but it saves it as a JSON file and I don't know how to open that. Copying and pasting into notepad does not record the dates and times.
Firefox doesn't have a way to export the History as a text file. The JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder only store the bookmarks and not the history.Leggere questa risposta nel contesto 👍 2
Tutte le risposte (9)
Firefox doesn't have a way to export the History as a text file. The JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder only store the bookmarks and not the history.
Well I wish they did, I need it for my work as a backup for showing time spent doing my job.
There are utilities that you can look at and that might work.
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/mozilla_history_view.html - MozillaHistoryView: View the list of visited web sites in Firefox/Mozilla/Netscape browsers
Thank you so much!! I will try this and see if it works. Thank you for your diligence in helping me. It is very much appreciated!!
try SQLite Manager https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5817/ if using FF (but not 3.6.3) to save places.sqlite where the history is kept
Under "System Requirements" on this link: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/mozilla_history_view.html
"This utility works on any version of Windows, From Windows 98 to Windows Vista. For all Firefox/Mozilla versions except of Firefox 3"
Seems to say it reads/displays .dat file contents; Firefox 3 and later uses sqlite files.
You have out-of-date plugins with known security issues; you need to update them.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- Check your plugin versions: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/plugincheck/
- Note: plugin check page does not have information on all plugin versions
- Update Shockwave Flash
- Use Firefox to Download and SAVE to your hard drive from one of the links below; the links take you directly to the download and you avoid the "getplus" download manager and "extras" (i.e., toolbars, virus scan links, etc.) on the main Adobe page.
- SAVE to your Desktop so you can find it
- After download completes, close Firefox
- Click on the file you just downloaded and install
- Note: Vista and Win7 users may need to right-click the installer downloaded and choose "Run as Administrator"
- Note: Most browsers other than IE will also get updated with this one download
- Note: To update IE, same procedure but use IE to go: http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax.exe
- After installation, restart Firefox and check your version again.
- Download links and other information:
- or you can download, save, then run the manual installers for IE, then for Firefox (and all other browsers) from here: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.html#main_ManualInstaller
- Also see: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Installing+the+Flash+plugin
- Also see (if needed): http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.html#main_Uninstall
- Update Java:
- Download and update instructions: https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Using+the+Java+plugin+with+Firefox
- Removing old versions (if needed): http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/remove_olderversions.xml
- After the installation, start Firefox and check your version again.
I tried the Mozilla History View software and it worked perfectly. I have the recently updated FF, so that would not have worked, flamingWolf, but thank you for replying anyway.
Quote: "This utility works on any version of Windows, From Windows 98 to Windows Vista. For all Firefox/Mozilla versions except of Firefox 3"
If you read a few lines further then it reads:
If you want to read the history file of Firefox 3 (places.sqlite file), Firefox 3 must be installed on your system. Version 1.10 - Added support for Firefox 3.0 (places.sqlite file)