Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Cerca nel supporto

Attenzione alle mail truffa. Mozilla non chiederà mai di chiamare o mandare messaggi a un numero di telefono o di inviare dati personali. Segnalare qualsiasi attività sospetta utilizzando l'opzione “Segnala abuso”.

Ulteriori informazioni
Questa discussione è chiusa e archiviata. Inserire una nuova richiesta se occorre aiuto.
Bloccata Archiviato

What is the support level for jnlps:// for launch java web start?

SuMo Bot

I found that I can launch java/java web start using the protocol jnlps:// instead of https:// This avoids the saving and then opening of the .jnlp file. The java applications opens very similar to using the plug in with Internet Explorer. But I find no documentation on this. Is there any plans to remove this from the browser and is it supported?

I found that I can launch java/java web start using the protocol jnlps:// instead of https:// This avoids the saving and then opening of the .jnlp file. The java applications opens very similar to using the plug in with Internet Explorer. But I find no documentation on this. Is there any plans to remove this from the browser and is it supported?

Tutte le risposte (1)

That is a protocol handler that is installed in the Windows registry, so it is not a Firefox feature, but a feature that depends on protocol support in the OS.

On Window Firefox should find it in the usual way via a registry scan.

This question has been locked because the original author has deleted their account. While you can no longer post new replies, the existing content remains available for reference.