Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Cerca nel supporto

Attenzione alle mail truffa. Mozilla non chiederà mai di chiamare o mandare messaggi a un numero di telefono o di inviare dati personali. Segnalare qualsiasi attività sospetta utilizzando l'opzione “Segnala abuso”.

Ulteriori informazioni
Questa discussione è chiusa e archiviata. Inserire una nuova richiesta se occorre aiuto.
Bloccata Archiviato

Debugging javascript code break points not maintained

SuMo Bot

Hi, I'm developing some code in js , and use many functions in my file.js

I use FF Quantum v.63 on ubuntu 18.04 64 bit

In the Web Developer section, on the Debugger tab, when I set the break points and need to reload the page so I can run also the init functions, then the break point are lost, more precisely they are pointing the first line in file with the same code as the breakpoint was set.

for example: I have many lines as

var self = this;

when I put a break on a line like this, then when I reload the page, the break is pointing to the linenum 36 where there is the first code occurrence like I breakpointed.

On chrome, when I put the break for ex. to the line 1000, when reload the break is on line 1000!

Hi, I'm developing some code in js , and use many functions in my file.js I use FF Quantum v.63 on ubuntu 18.04 64 bit In the Web Developer section, on the Debugger tab, when I set the break points and need to reload the page so I can run also the init functions, then the break point are lost, more precisely they are pointing the first line in file with the same code as the breakpoint was set. for example: I have many lines as var self = this; when I put a break on a line like this, then when I reload the page, the break is pointing to the linenum 36 where there is the first code occurrence like I breakpointed. On chrome, when I put the break for ex. to the line 1000, when reload the break is on line 1000!

Tutte le risposte (1)

Hi gbonline:

This is a firefox user support forum; we don't have the expertise here to handle developer questions, please ask on stackoverflow.com and tag it 'firefox'. (My GUESS would be that running in Firefox Safe Mode or removing all your Firefox add-ons would fix it but it's only a guess)

Cheers!

...Roland

This question has been locked because the original author has deleted their account. While you can no longer post new replies, the existing content remains available for reference.