Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Cerca nel supporto

Attenzione alle mail truffa. Mozilla non chiederà mai di chiamare o mandare messaggi a un numero di telefono o di inviare dati personali. Segnalare qualsiasi attività sospetta utilizzando l'opzione “Segnala abuso”.

Ulteriori informazioni
Questa discussione è archiviata. Inserire una nuova richiesta se occorre aiuto.
Risolto Archiviato

Fox News Go through Directv doesn't launch gives Error: [Device:Device], but it works just fine with Micrsoft Edge and it used to work just fine on Firefox.

sigalajoe

Fox News Go worked just fine up to a couple of months back when all of a sudden it would start to load and then instead of launching Fox News live I get on the black screen "Error: object Object". The other videos on Fox News main page launch and play just fine it seems to only affect Fox New Go. Fox New Go launches just fine using Microsoft Edge.

Fox News Go worked just fine up to a couple of months back when all of a sudden it would start to load and then instead of launching Fox News live I get on the black screen "Error: object Object". The other videos on Fox News main page launch and play just fine it seems to only affect Fox New Go. Fox New Go launches just fine using Microsoft Edge.
Leggere questa risposta nel contesto

Soluzione scelta

After trying a number of suggestions, I finally determined that apparently the Firefox add on Video Download Helper was the culprit. I removed it, did a refresh on Firefox and after many months of frustration I can once again see Fox News Go. I hope this helps others.

Tutte le risposte (4)

Sorry, I was in error above the black screen shows "Error: [object Object]" and not Error: [Device:Device] or Error: object Object without the brackets. Sorry I should have paid closer attention to my posting. sigalajoe

This issue can be caused by an extension that isn't working properly.

Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions ("3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.

  • Switch to the DEFAULT theme: "3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Add-ons -> Appearance
  • Do NOT click the "Refresh Firefox" button on the Safe Mode start window

Soluzione scelta

After trying a number of suggestions, I finally determined that apparently the Firefox add on Video Download Helper was the culprit. I removed it, did a refresh on Firefox and after many months of frustration I can once again see Fox News Go. I hope this helps others.

That for posting the outcome of your investigations.

I will mark your above reply as the solution.