Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

After new update, a multiple popups for Mcafee & Mozilla keep appearing over & over and I can't get rid of them

tdon3

When the new update arrived yesterday, I started getting multiple popups from McAfee & Mozilla. Three stay on the screen at once, and when I X one, another appears instantly. This appears to be a scam trojan, but 3 different excellent anti-virus programs have not found anything. This never happened until the latest update. What do you know about this? I don't want to uninstall & start over, but what other suggestion do you have? p.s Usually when I right click on one of them, it takes me to a McAfee ad. I just clicked on one that gave me the option to turn off notifications. That seemed to stop it, at least for now. Am I the only one with this problem? [redacted email from community support forum]

When the new update arrived yesterday, I started getting multiple popups from McAfee & Mozilla. Three stay on the screen at once, and when I X one, another appears instantly. This appears to be a scam trojan, but 3 different excellent anti-virus programs have not found anything. This never happened until the latest update. What do you know about this? I don't want to uninstall & start over, but what other suggestion do you have? p.s Usually when I right click on one of them, it takes me to a McAfee ad. I just clicked on one that gave me the option to turn off notifications. That seemed to stop it, at least for now. Am I the only one with this problem? [redacted email from community support forum]

An gyara daga James

All Replies (1)

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/push-notifications-firefox#w_how-do-i-revoke-the-notifications-permission-for-a-specific-site

Perhaps these are Web Push Notifications from site(s) you have allowed to send you notifications. Instead of useful information some may send you junk, spam, fake virus/trojan/antivirus alerts etc. You can revoke the sites from sending you notifications.

Yi tambaya

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.