Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Rechercher dans l’assistance

Évitez les escroqueries à l’assistance. Nous ne vous demanderons jamais d’appeler ou d’envoyer un SMS à un numéro de téléphone ou de partager des informations personnelles. Veuillez signaler toute activité suspecte en utilisant l’option « Signaler un abus ».

En savoir plus
Archivé

Trouble making online payments

Steve

When entering credit/debit card details something in the settings or addons is stopping the process and the purchase fails. I am still able to make payments with a different browser so it is a Firefox issue.

I am using a PC with Windows 10 and Defender security. Everything seemed to be ok until the latest version of Firefox but I suspect there might be a conflict between the browser security settings and the addons.

I have used Forget Me Not, Privacy Badger and Adblocker for a few months without any issues but I'm not sure now if it's not overkill.

Would be grateful for help regarding any known conflicts - I suspect I don't need Privacy Badger but I'm not sure about the Firefox tracking settings as well.

When entering credit/debit card details something in the settings or addons is stopping the process and the purchase fails. I am still able to make payments with a different browser so it is a Firefox issue. I am using a PC with Windows 10 and Defender security. Everything seemed to be ok until the latest version of Firefox but I suspect there might be a conflict between the browser security settings and the addons. I have used Forget Me Not, Privacy Badger and Adblocker for a few months without any issues but I'm not sure now if it's not overkill. Would be grateful for help regarding any known conflicts - I suspect I don't need Privacy Badger but I'm not sure about the Firefox tracking settings as well.

Toutes les réponses (1)

Many site issues can be caused by corrupt cookies or cache.

Warning ! ! This will log you out of sites you're logged in to. You may also lose any settings for that website.

If there is still a problem,

Start Firefox using Troubleshoot(Safe) Mode {web link}

A small dialog should appear. Click Start In Troubleshoot(Safe) Mode (not Refresh). Is the problem still there?

While you are in Troubleshoot(Safe) mode;

Try disabling graphics hardware acceleration in Firefox. Since this feature was added to Firefox it has gradually improved but there are still a few glitches.

How to disable Hardware Acceleration {web link}