This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
When I open firefox it automatically opens a new tab, how to get rid of this.
My firefox opens to my home page but also opens a new tab with things to add to the new tab such as facebook, etc. How do i get rid of this new tab opening up.
All Replies (3)
Thanks for contacting Mozilla Support. To get rid of the annoying tab:
- Close all browsers.
- Go to the Start menu.
- Select Control Panel → Uninstall a program (or Add/Remove Programs in Windows XP/Vista/7).
- Choose Mysearchdial and click the Uninstall/Change button.
- Wait for Mysearchdial to uninstall.
- Click the Firefox menu (top-left corner).
- Select Options.
- Under Home Page click the Restore to Default button→ click OK.
- Go back to the Firefox menu.
- In the menu select Add-ons→ choose the Extensions tab →click Remove on the right of any extensions mentioning "Mysearchdial".
- Move the mouse cursor inside the search box at the top right of the Firefox window and click the down arrow next to the provider's logo.
- From the dropdown list, select Manage Search Engines....
- Select "Mysearchdial".
- Click "Delete" or "Remove".
Hope this helps!
Mozilla Support volunteer
This uninstalled Mysearchdial but I still have the same problem.
You can check the target line in the Firefox desktop shortcut (right-click: Properties) to make sure that nothing is appended after the path to the Firefox program.
You can check the home page setting:
- Tools > Options > General > Startup: Home page
Firefox supports multiple home pages separated by '|' (pipe) symbols.