How Can I delete WebSearch, step by step details. I'm not an expect in this. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have WebSearch Engine on Firefox w/o my permission, I found out that I have to go to windows to C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\searchplugings. But I do I do this? Firefox doesn't open because WebSearch blocks it!!!! I'm not an expert in this. Can you send me a step by step procedure to resolve this problem. Thanking you in advance, Victor.
Additional System Details
- Utility Chest Installer Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.17.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Facebook Desktop Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.02
- BitCometAgent v1.30 for Firefox
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 188.8.131.52
- Nitro PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Intel Indeo® video 5.1 PD Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0
Uninstall addons you do not need. Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it. Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it. Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it. Search for ‘browser.newtab.url’. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab. If you got some semi-legitimate software installed, the search might get hijacked again. In such cases, scan with anti-malware programs, they should fix WebSearchEngine hijack.
This is an exellent example why platforms as opencandy are malware (evil): admin rights required to install should only be granted to software that is entirely trustworthy very much unlike anything infected with opencandy. Financially struggling developers are tempted to sell-out their users to opencandy errantly creating a commodity of user privacy -- reprimand them.
The instructions you've received already will keep WebSearch from firefox (for now), but you'll need to uninstall malware to be free from it.
To remove WebSearch malware refer to BleepingComputer, a well respected community of volunteers helping anyone remove evil from their respective computer at no cost, search the uninstall database for WebSearch or whatever MALWARE you installed which installed WebSearch evilness: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/uninstall/ http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/uninstall/
opencandy and similar malware platforms ADVERTIZES inside the installation wrapper which is by definition ADWARE. OpenCandy uses additional trickery making it MALWARE despite whatever DrApps, official opencandy propagandist might claim. It shouldn't be long until he spews his fallacies here in response.
It is likely you have other infections. BleepingComputer or several other "free tech support" forums are equipped to help you at zero cost. Pick one, register as you have here, and follow their guides on how to open one new request for help disinfecting your computer(s).