It asks me to close firefox,but I have done this before
I even have closed other programs but the error is still takin place
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r42
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 184.108.40.206
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20111212 BTRS35926 Firefox/3.6.25
If there are problems with updating then best is to download the full version of the Firefox installer.
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\
Download a fresh Firefox copy and save the file to the desktop.
- Firefox 17.0.x: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html
Uninstall your current Firefox version, if possible, to cleanup the Windows registry and settings in security software.
- Do NOT remove personal data when you uninstall your current Firefox version, because all profile folders will be removed and you will also lose your personal data like bookmarks and passwords from profiles of other Firefox versions.
Remove the Firefox program folder before installing that newly downloaded copy of the Firefox installer.
- It is important to delete the Firefox program folder to remove all the files and make sure that there are no problems with files that were leftover after uninstalling.
Your bookmarks and other profile data are stored in the Firefox Profile Folder and won't be affected by an uninstall and (re)install, but make sure that "remove personal data" is NOT selected when you uninstall Firefox.
You should also update your plugins
Ok, there are a bunch of other problems you have here, so let's get all of them resolved :)
Firefox, restart your PC.
Second, update Firefox to 18.0. Update Firefox to the latest version
Then, follow the steps at Websites say that Firefox is outdated or incompatible even though it's the latest version
After that, update your plugins. https://www.mozilla.org/plugincheck/
Finally, Reset Firefox. Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings