Videos will not run on Mozilla. They work fine on IE. How can I fix it or should I simply delete Mozilla.
This is a relatively recent problem. All videos, whether from friends, new casts or U tube show nothing but a blank black screen. I even took it to a repair shop. I can view everything on IE. I am not particularly computer literate and am much more comfortable using Mozilla. This problem exists on both of my PC's and my laptop. Can this be fixed or should I educate myself more on IE and just delete Mozilla Foxfire?
Additional System Details
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 126.96.36.199
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
Ok, first you need to update to Firefox 17.0.1, as the version you are running is extremely old and has known bugs. Do that first. Update Firefox to the latest version
Then, try to reset firefox, can you view videos now? Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings
hello gmd43, you're using a very outdated version of firefox (5.0) which is affected by numerous known security vulnerabilities - so as a first step please update firefox to the latest version (17.0.1 at the moment) & see if this already makes a difference...
Thank you. It took several tries, as it just kept updating the OLD version installed but I finally got it to install the new version. It is working great now. Thank you