How do I get rid of wizebar?
I don't want this popup at the bottom of the window called wizebar. I didn't ask for it and don't remember anything asking me about it.
It is very annoying. If I can't rid of it I will be forced to use a different browser even if I would rather stay with Firefox
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NDS Player Plugin
- npPCShow Plugin
- DivX Plus Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
Try the Following:
Scan for Malware
Sometimes a problem with Firefox may be a result of malware installed on your computer, that you may not be aware of.
You can try some of the following programs to scan for malware:
- MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
- TDSSKiller - AntiRootkit Utility
- Microsoft Security Essentials (A good permanent anti-virus if you don't already have one)
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
A simple add-on for firefox does a great job at stopping this problem.Adblock Plus 2.1.2! This instantly blocked wizebar from my wife's computer and never seen it again! Click the firefox tab>add-on's>get add-on's,type in search bar for Adblock Plus 2.1.2 & download.Should clean-up the problem! Thanks.
hello, other serach results for wizebar suggest that it might be bundled with the toolbar from the softonic download site. please go to firefox > addons > extensions & remove any suspicious entries (toolbars, things that you have not installed intentionally, etc). also go to the windows control panel / programs and remove all toolbars or potentially unwanted software.
you could also try to run a program like adwcleaner to detect & delete common adware.