I cannot alter the keyword url value in about:config
I have always had my mozilla set up to use google as the address bar search engine, but it has just unexpectedly changed to australian Yahoo. I have gone into about:config and sure enough my keyword url has been changed to "http://au.search.yahoo.com/search?fr=greentree_ff1&ei=utf-8&ilc=12&type=937811&p=". I can open the change string value box and type in the text field, but when I close the box it doesn't save my text, just stays as yahoo. I cannot even rest the value...
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_35 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- Google Update
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.2
- Version 0.9.18, Copyright 2006-2009 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.18, copyright 2006-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
can you install this addon and check after that?
If you do not keep changes:
Such issues can be caused by an extension.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.