Firefox browser hijacker sets the home page to www.iknowsearch.net
Recently, I installed a free application which installed a browser hijacker setting my home page to www.iknowsearch.net and I can't get rid of it. Please, help!
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Version 22.214.171.12458
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.14
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_29 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- Plug-in for detecting Nero Kwik Media.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.1
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Zeon PDF Plugin For Mozilla
- Version 1.1.11, copyright 1996-2011 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- Picasa plugin
- IE Tab Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:9.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0
setting manually the home page back to the previous one does not help. When I restart Firefox, the hijacker sets my home page back to www.iknowsearch.net again.
This happened to my wife on a PowerMac laptop - the home page is set on all of our computers for google.ca but for unexplained reasons, every time my wife opened Firefox [or Safari for that matter], even if google.ca was entered in the address bar, it automatically re-routed to search-results.com. I get infuriated by this kind of thing and I searched the web for a solution. Most of the information was for PC's and involved a lot of directory stuff, but I did see something about Proxy settings. I went to the computer's proxy settings, and there was a web address in a box that began with an asterisk (*). I deleted that, closed the options and opened a new window - problem solved! Hope this is helpful for others!