How Do I Delete Tool Bars? I have 5 and I only want one.
I want to delete tool bars. How do I do it?
I removed the add-on toolbars by going to Tools > Add-ons. Then I went to Extensions and clicked on Remove on each toolbar.Read this answer in context 6
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
A few weeks ago
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Pando Web Installer
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:6.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0.2
How do I delete tool bars I don't need?
You can't remove the build-in toolbars (Menu, Navigation, Bookmarks), but you can hide them via View > Toolbars or Firefox > Options if the menu bar is hidden.
You can uninstall or disable extensions that have added toolbars.
You may also use full screen view.
Pressing the keyboard key F11 (you may sometimes need to wait a few seconds for it to complete the action) toggles the full screen view on and off, that may help.
Idon't have a Function 11 key
I don't have a F11 key
That may be rather unususl, possibly other key combinations would act as an F11 on your system, but you may still use menu options:
- Firefox Button -> Full Screen
to go into full screen
- Move mouse cursor to very top edge
(I hope that gets the firefox button back it does not, on my XP)
that should allow you to get out of full screen mode
- (ODD ? my current setup in Aurora Esc or Alt do not help I can only get out of full screen view with F11, something I had not noticed until now as I always use F11)
I removed the add-on toolbars by going to Tools > Add-ons. Then I went to Extensions and clicked on Remove on each toolbar.
Modified by Noah_SUMO
Glad to hear you solved the problem.
I guess you had some extensions added that you may not have remembered, or were added unexpectedly by other software.