How do I permanently Delete/Remove unwanted Search Engine's???
I can not find anything in the Setting menu that will allow me to do this.
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.0 r1
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1249
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Novell iPrint Scriptable Plug-in provides functions for the iPrint Map Designer
- iPrint Plug-in 1.0.0 - Provides iPrint client services for Windows
- LANDesk Remote Control plugin
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1
open search engines with little arrow at the left then select Manage search engines highlight whatever you want and press Remove then click OK to save changes.
Please mark "Solved" the answer that really solve the problem, to help others with a similar problem.
This only works for the current session. If you Shutdown FireFox, then open it again later, all of those Bloody Search engines are still there. I only need one, and it sure is NOT Yahoo!! Bing is OK, and I have no use for eBay as a search engine. I need to get rid of those search engines that I do not use permanently!! Thank You for your suggestion though.
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
Try to delete search.sqlite and search.json in the Firefox Profile Folder and repeat the deletion.
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Open Containing Folder