Does firefox offer a text only of low data use browser for 3g usage
I have a netbook and want to be economical in data with a 3g data plan. Does firefox have a means of lowering wireless data usage perhaps with low res graphics and text coming from websites?
Additional System Details
- -MSN® Toolbar
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17 for Mozilla browsers
- Musicnotes Viewer plugin 1.15.4
- Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.1
- McAfee Clinic Activator Plugin (1,0,0,5)
- DjVu Plug-In(external version 184.108.40.2062)
- Mozilla ActiveX control and plugin module
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- DivX® Web Player
- Express View Browser Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r22
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX® Content Upload Plugin
- McAfee Virtual Technician plugin for Mozilla (Gecko Version: 1.8b1)
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 GTB7.0 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Something like supplying low resolution images and the caching of the full resolution images (for call-up at will) is usually a service provided by the ISP; on dial-up land-line services it's called a "web accelerator" plugin and service. Check with your wireless company to see if they offer a feature like that for Firefox.
Take a look at the Image Block extension and see if that will be helpful to you. That's about all I can think of to do through Firefox. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5613/