Video, audio and interactive settings
Change how Firefox handles videos, animations, music and other interactive content
- Install the Flash plugin to view videos, animations and games Many websites require the Adobe Flash Player plugin to display videos and games. Learn how to install the Flash plugin for Firefox.
- Watch DRM content on Firefox Firefox gives you the choice whether or not to allow DRM code to be installed on your browser.
- Set Adobe Flash to "click to play" on Firefox Protect your computer from attacks by setting Adobe Flash to run on demand instead of automatically.
- Use plugins to play audio, video, games and more Firefox uses plugins like Flash and Java to display some interactive content. Learn how to use and manage these plugins in Firefox.
- Flash Plugin - Keep it up to date and troubleshoot problems The Adobe Flash plugin lets you view video and animated content in Firefox. Learn how to install and update Flash and fix problems with it.
- Play Windows Media files in Firefox with the Windows Media plugin In order to play Windows Media audio and video in Firefox you will need to install a plugin. Learn how to get it installed and working.
- Use the Adobe Reader plugin to view or download PDF files Learn about the Adobe Reader program and browser plugin for viewing PDF files.
- Use the Silverlight plugin to play audio and video The Silverlight plugin is used by some websites to display multimedia. Learn whether it is installed and how to install the latest version.
- Use the Java plugin to view interactive content on websites Some websites use Java for interactive content such as games. Learn how to install or update Java and get it working in Firefox.
- HTML5 audio and video in Firefox Firefox plays certain HTML5 audio and video content on web pages without a plugin. Learn about these media formats and how to manage them.
- How to turn off Java applets This article explains how to disable the Java plugin in Firefox so that Java applets no longer run.
- Use the QuickTime plugin to play audio and video Learn how to update and check that the QuickTime plugin is working. You will also find some troubleshooting suggestions if you are having problems.