Install and update
How to install Firefox and keep it up to date
- Update Firefox to the latest version Firefox automatically updates itself by default but you can always do a manual update. Learn how to update Firefox on Windows, Mac or Linux.
- Find what version of Firefox you are using Learn how to find out what Firefox version you are using, to help troubleshoot a problem or just to know if Firefox is up to date.
- Install Firefox on Linux This article will show you how to install Firefox on Linux.
- Important - Firefox is ending support for Windows XP and Vista Firefox version 52 will be the last complete update for Windows XP and Windows Vista. Security updates will be released but no new features.
- How to download and install Firefox on Windows This article describes how to download and install Firefox on Windows.
- Install an older version of Firefox Downgrading usually doesn't solve Firefox problems. This article gives you links to old versions of Firefox and some alternatives to downgrading.
- How to download and install Firefox on Mac This article explains how to download and install Firefox on a Mac.
- Firefox support has ended for Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8 Firefox version 49 and above are no longer supported on Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8. Learn more about your options.
- Uninstall Firefox from your computer This article describes how to remove the Firefox application from your computer and also how to remove the personal information that Firefox stores.
- Switch to Firefox Extended Support Release (ESR) for personal use How to switch to Firefox ESR as a workaround for screen reader problems or other issues with the newest version of Firefox.
- I found a fake Firefox update What to do if you spot fake notices claiming to contain an "urgent" or "critical" Firefox update.
- How to opt out of 32-bit Firefox migration to 64-bit Learn about the automatic migration from 32-bit to 64-bit Firefox after a Firefox update and how to keep 32-bit Firefox on 64-bit Windows.
- How do I tell if I have the 32-bit or 64-bit Firefox? Not sure whether you're running 32-bit or 64-bit Firefox? This article explains how to find out.
- What is the Mozilla Maintenance Service? Firefox and Thunderbird install Mozilla Maintenance Service to allow seamless background updates. Learn how it works and how to disable or remove it.
- Your hardware is no longer supported On computers with processors older than Pentium 4, Firefox is no longer supported as of version 49 (Windows, Mac OS) or version 53 (Linux).
- Using a dedicated profile for Firefox Nightly How to create dedicated profiles for Firefox and Nightly to avoid profile corruption.
- Firefox release notes - What's New and Known Issues Links to release notes for Firefox, Firefox for Android and Firefox for iOS.