Install and update
How to install Firefox and keep it up to date
- Update Firefox to the latest release Firefox automatically updates itself by default but you can always do a manual update. Learn how to update Firefox on Windows, Mac or Linux.
- Important - Firefox has ended support for Windows XP and Vista Firefox version 52.9.0esr was the last supported release for Windows XP and Windows Vista. No further security updates will be provided for those systems.
- How to download and install Firefox on Windows This article describes how to download and install Firefox on Windows.
- Find what version of Firefox you are using Learn how to find out what Firefox version you are using, to help troubleshoot a problem or just to know if Firefox is up to date.
- Install Firefox on Linux This article will show you how to install Firefox on Linux.
- Uninstall Firefox from your computer This article describes how to remove the Firefox application from your computer and also how to remove the personal information that Firefox stores.
- How to opt out of 32-bit Firefox migration to 64-bit Learn about the automatic migration from 32-bit to 64-bit Firefox after a Firefox update and how to keep 32-bit Firefox on 64-bit Windows.
- Windows 10 S won't let me install Firefox Windows 10 S Mode can only run applications downloaded from the Windows Store.
- Switch to Firefox Extended Support Release (ESR) for personal use How to switch to Firefox ESR as a workaround for issues with the newest version of Firefox.
- I found a fake Firefox update What to do if you spot fake notices claiming to contain an "urgent" or "critical" Firefox update.
- How to download and install Firefox on Mac This article explains how to download and install Firefox on a Mac.
- What is the Mozilla Maintenance Service? Firefox and Thunderbird install Mozilla Maintenance Service to allow seamless background updates. Learn how it works and how to disable or remove it.
- Your hardware is no longer supported On computers with processors older than Pentium 4, Firefox is no longer supported as of version 49 (Windows, Mac OS) or version 53 (Linux).
- How do I tell if I have the 32-bit or 64-bit Firefox? Not sure whether you're running 32-bit or 64-bit Firefox? This article explains how to find out.
- Firefox support has ended for Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8 Firefox version 49 and above are no longer supported on Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8. Learn more about your options.
- Install an older version of Firefox Downgrading usually doesn't solve Firefox problems. This article gives you links to old versions of Firefox and provides some alternatives to downgrading.
- Firefox release notes - What's new and known issues Links to release notes for Firefox and Firefox for Android.