Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Hilfe durchsuchen

Vorsicht vor Support-Betrug: Wir fordern Sie niemals auf, eine Telefonnummer anzurufen, eine SMS an eine Telefonnummer zu senden oder persönliche Daten preiszugeben. Bitte melden Sie verdächtige Aktivitäten über die Funktion „Missbrauch melden“.

Weitere Informationen
Gelöst

How to fix Gah crashes in Firefox 140 ESR?

Parker Greene

I downgraded to Firefox 140ESR yesterday to get rid of the silly circles and gradients. The update was so visually distracting I found the browser to be unusable. However, now almost any website I visit gives me a Gah your tab just crashed. Is there a way to fix this while staying on 140ESR? Please refrain from answering if your solution is to upgrade. Thanks.

I downgraded to Firefox 140ESR yesterday to get rid of the silly circles and gradients. The update was so visually distracting I found the browser to be unusable. However, now almost any website I visit gives me a Gah your tab just crashed. Is there a way to fix this while staying on 140ESR? Please refrain from answering if your solution is to upgrade. Thanks.
Diese Antwort im Kontext lesen

Ausgewählte Lösung

If you select your platform and language here firefox.com/download/all/desktop-esr the first download button on the ultimate step will eventually say "Download 153.X.0"

Alle Antworten (10)

Hi

What method did you use to downgrade your copy of Firefox?

Download directly from Mozilla

Once you downloaded that file, did you install Fx from it or did you first take a backup of your Firefox profile and then remove the existing copy of Firefox from your computer?

Good call, I forgot to uninstall the previous version. However, I just tried uninstalling everything and starting fresh, and it still didn't fix the issue. I've noticed that it's only on Miro boards, containing lots of images to load, is there a way to increase the cache size or ram usage?

Hoe many tabs do you have open?

Do you have any add-ons installed in Firefox?

No other tabs open. tried it before installing add-ons and still crashes.

Since 140esr is end–of–life you might wanna skip that altogether and try running the current 153esr instead (140.17 users will start updating to 153.5 next week anyways…)

I am not sure how to do that. The Mozilla download link for 153ESR downloads 140ESR.

Ausgewählte Lösung

If you select your platform and language here firefox.com/download/all/desktop-esr the first download button on the ultimate step will eventually say "Download 153.X.0"

That did the trick. Thanks!

Stellen Sie eine Frage

Sie müssen sich mit Ihrem Benutzerkonto anmelden, um auf Beiträge zu antworten. Bitte stellen Sie eine neue Frage, wenn Sie noch kein Benutzerkonto haben.