Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Hilfe durchsuchen

Vorsicht vor Support-Betrug: Wir fordern Sie niemals auf, eine Telefonnummer anzurufen, eine SMS an eine Telefonnummer zu senden oder persönliche Daten preiszugeben. Bitte melden Sie verdächtige Aktivitäten über die Funktion „Missbrauch melden“.

Weitere Informationen
Offen

Since update, Firefox not opening on second profile, trying to install 'helper' but doesn't.

GF - Work

Hi,

Since the latest update, I have not been able to open firefox on a second profile I have on my Mac (I normally have 'work' and 'personal', both admins but the 'work' is the main one. It's the 'personal' firefox that is not opening.

It tryies to install the helper (a new thing), prompts me for the password, then doesn't do anything. The firefox icon bounces like it's doing something, but then doesn't. On my main profile, everything is normal and fine. I also think the 'helper' is already installed from the main profile, so it shouldn't need to do it.

Running a MacBook Pro, latest OS.

Help community!

Hi, Since the latest update, I have not been able to open firefox on a second profile I have on my Mac (I normally have 'work' and 'personal', both admins but the 'work' is the main one. It's the 'personal' firefox that is not opening. It tryies to install the helper (a new thing), prompts me for the password, then doesn't do anything. The firefox icon bounces like it's doing something, but then doesn't. On my main profile, everything is normal and fine. I also think the 'helper' is already installed from the main profile, so it shouldn't need to do it. Running a MacBook Pro, latest OS. Help community!

Alle Antworten (1)

Hi! Your "latest OS" is actually Golden Gate or still Tahoe? Seems the new macOS major release added new profile directory protections that now trigger all kinds of weird bugs:(

The permission is described in Troubleshoot Firefox updates and the Helper tool which however doesn't yet cover any workarounds for macOS 27 woes.

If you just get a full installer from firefox.com and overwrite the app bundle with a fresh copy, does anything improve?

Geändert am von jbr

Stellen Sie eine Frage

Sie müssen sich mit Ihrem Benutzerkonto anmelden, um auf Beiträge zu antworten. Bitte stellen Sie eine neue Frage, wenn Sie noch kein Benutzerkonto haben.