Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Hilfe durchsuchen

Vorsicht vor Support-Betrug: Wir fordern Sie niemals auf, eine Telefonnummer anzurufen, eine SMS an eine Telefonnummer zu senden oder persönliche Daten preiszugeben. Bitte melden Sie verdächtige Aktivitäten über die Funktion „Missbrauch melden“.

Weitere Informationen
Gelöst

Firefox install not properly

Sandra-C78

Hi, I tried several times to install Firefox on a new PC. first time Firefox installed correctly, but as I wanted to have my profile copied, there were error message.

Scince then, each time I have deinstalled and reinstall Firefox it does not work correctly: During installation it still tell me that I do have older Firefox version and the installer will update this. After this it keeps telling me this:

Profil nicht vorhanden ( Profile not found) Ihr Profil "Firefox" kann nicht geladen werden. Es ist möglicherweise nicht vorhanden oder ein Zugriff ist nicht möglich. (Your “Firefox” profile cannot be loaded. It may not exist, or access is not possible.)

I would love to use Firefox, but at the moment I feel helpless.

Best regards, Sandra

Hi, I tried several times to install Firefox on a new PC. first time Firefox installed correctly, but as I wanted to have my profile copied, there were error message. Scince then, each time I have deinstalled and reinstall Firefox it does not work correctly: During installation it still tell me that I do have older Firefox version and the installer will update this. After this it keeps telling me this: Profil nicht vorhanden ( Profile not found) Ihr Profil "Firefox" kann nicht geladen werden. Es ist möglicherweise nicht vorhanden oder ein Zugriff ist nicht möglich. (Your “Firefox” profile cannot be loaded. It may not exist, or access is not possible.) I would love to use Firefox, but at the moment I feel helpless. Best regards, Sandra

Alle Antworten (1)

Ausgewählte Lösung

Looks like you haven't deleted the older installs, and it somehow thinks there is a profile rather than create a new one.

but as I wanted to have my profile copied,

Copied to or from this instance of install


Try and remove fully.

Use Windows Settings > App to remove Check your Winodws > Programmes folder to ensure any Mozilla / Firefox don't exist Under Windows > Users > yourloginname > App data > Roaming > Mozilla > Profiles >>> Change the name of the Profiles folder or move it out of the parent one so a new install doesn't get confused

[Restart] Windows, do not use [Power off or Shut down]

Stellen Sie eine Frage

Sie müssen sich mit Ihrem Benutzerkonto anmelden, um auf Beiträge zu antworten. Bitte stellen Sie eine neue Frage, wenn Sie noch kein Benutzerkonto haben.