What is enhanced protection
Why can't i log in
Why can't i log in
A website added as exception is deleted next time Firefox is used. Cannot find any solution. Can turn off ETP manually via shield symbol in url bar. Edition Windows 10 P… (læs mere)
A website added as exception is deleted next time Firefox is used. Cannot find any solution. Can turn off ETP manually via shield symbol in url bar.
Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on 30/10/2024 OS Build 19045.6466 157.0 Firefox Release
No trace
while using zoom in firefox, i get unwanted audio ads
Enhanced Tracking Protection is preventing access to x.com even after it is allegedly "turned off" for this site. I have been using personal computers since the 1970s aft… (læs mere)
Enhanced Tracking Protection is preventing access to x.com even after it is allegedly "turned off" for this site. I have been using personal computers since the 1970s after the IBM PC was introduced, but now I am about ready to ditch Firefox AND Windows 11 to install a decent version of Linux. Grok on my iPhone 8 offered several suggestions to resolve this issue, but none of them have worked so far... including trying to us Microsoft Edge instead of Firefox.
Even though I unchecked the box next to "Tell websites not to sell or share my data", opt-out is not disabled, and I continue to get "Opt-out signal honored" on websites … (læs mere)
Even though I unchecked the box next to "Tell websites not to sell or share my data", opt-out is not disabled, and I continue to get "Opt-out signal honored" on websites I visit.
I can't find a place that says website privacy preferences or "tell websites not to sell my data"
Enhanced Tracking Protection today specifically broke my browsing X no access , Instagram no access , any regular website google search results link to NO ACCESS BECAUSE … (læs mere)
Enhanced Tracking Protection today specifically broke my browsing X no access , Instagram no access , any regular website google search results link to NO ACCESS BECAUSE Enhanced Tracking Protection supposably makes trouble causing websites to crash ... i never asked for firefox tracking protection NEVER EVER WOULD
For some sites, every page is partially obscured by an "opt out signal honored" banner. How can I remove this banner but still retain the opt-out feature?
Sites I visit on Chrome mean I get unwanted and unsuitable advertisements on newspapers I subscribe. Can Mozilla prevent this from happening?
How do I disable the third party sign on popup from google?
Being tracked and losing my information
HOW DO I BLOCK ADDS?
I WANT ALL POP UP ADS STOPPED
For the past 2 weeks now, every single time I search on Google on private browsing there would be a CAPTCHA. I tried troubleshoot mode but the same thing happened. … (læs mere)
For the past 2 weeks now, every single time I search on Google on private browsing there would be a CAPTCHA. I tried troubleshoot mode but the same thing happened.
Fire Fox email says: Turn built-in ad blocker on, in setting browsing, not found
your message said turn it on in Settings > Browser, but the only menu item i found was Settings > Tabs and Browsing. I couldn't find anything about an ad blocker t… (læs mere)
your message said turn it on in Settings > Browser, but the only menu item i found was Settings > Tabs and Browsing. I couldn't find anything about an ad blocker there.
I need to check out something that happened today in Firefox browser (Mac). I went into Settings, opened Privacy and security. Then clicked Advanced settings, changed th… (læs mere)
I need to check out something that happened today in Firefox browser (Mac).
I went into Settings, opened Privacy and security. Then clicked Advanced settings, changed this to Strict; when I did this, there was a message saying there was an Extension enabled that would interfere with this, and it would be best to disable that extension and instead should enable Resist fingerprinting protection that is in Firefox browser.
I looked up a Mozilla Support article that told how to dissable the extension; I went to about:config, saw some extensions were enabled. The top item was: "privacy.resist.Fingerprinting" and it had value of True. It was only extension with name in boldface. I toggled the value to False.
I was going to do a browser restart, but first I went back to Settings, Privacy and Security, then to Advanced settings. When I got there, I selected Strict level. This time, there was no message saying anything about "there was an Extension enabled that would interfere with this, and it would be best if I disabled that extension."
My question: since the Warning that had appeared when I was in Advanced settings the first time is now gone, does that mean that my problem is solved? Do I need to try a restart of browser? Also, I did not delete the boldface "privacy.resist.Fingerprinting" extension from Advanced Preferences; should I go back and do that? Please advise.
Thank you so much, BA
what to do when I am trying to make a payment but Firefox blockers do not allow the transaction?
This is my first time to Mozilla Support with a question. Firefox is my default browser using version 155.0.1. I use Strict ETP. [FYI - my skills are basic with IT]. … (læs mere)
This is my first time to Mozilla Support with a question.
Firefox is my default browser using version 155.0.1. I use Strict ETP. [FYI - my skills are basic with IT]. I also use Firefox Focus on my iPhone.
I previously used Google Chrome but I must have removed it as it's no longer appearing in my desktop Apps.
As of a couple of days ago, I tidied up my Library/cache and deleted it to 'Trash', using Apple support community help instructions for housekeeping. (Because I was getting increased frequency in the spinning ball at start-up). I didn't delete any other folders - just Library/cache in my housekeeping.
Since then, when searching Google / Firefox, Google keeps asking if I'm a robot (asking me to tick a 'reCaptcha' box) as it's detecting unusual traffic on my computer - before it continues with my search via Firefox browser.
This doesn't happen when using other search engines, (eg: Bing or Duck Duck Go).
Using Google searches on Safari browser does not ask me if I'm a robot question ? Searches go through perfectly - no questions asked. Only when I use Google search engine with desktop Firefox. Is it my privacy settings?
I prefer Firefox as my browser because it's independent and open sourced, safe and for its sense of community.
My desktop MacBook Air (2017) is 9 y/o - vintage? So, no longer receiving software updates - but hoping to upgrade with a new Mac desktop soon. (see attached image of current MacBook Air operating system Monterey version 12.7.6).
My question is:
- Why is Google only in the last two days asking me at every search, the above question about 'unusual traffic' / tick the robot box ? And,
- Should I reinstall 'Google Chrome' via the Apple Store?
Or for better security, think of getting a new computer sooner, rather than later ? :(
Many thanks for your support, and time. [No hurry!]
thank you in advance, regards, kindly Rose Roselyn Hansen (Australia)