Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Søg i Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Læs mere
Åben

Even though I unchecked the box next to Tell websites not to sell or share my data, opt-out is not disabled, and I continue to get "Opt-out signal honored" on websites I visit

Neil

Even though I unchecked the box next to "Tell websites not to sell or share my data", opt-out is not disabled, and I continue to get "Opt-out signal honored" on websites I visit.

Even though I unchecked the box next to "Tell websites not to sell or share my data", opt-out is not disabled, and I continue to get "Opt-out signal honored" on websites I visit.

Alle svar (1)

Hello,

First, make sure that privacy extensions that you may have installed have this opt out popup. If no extensions of this kind are present, you can ignore this.

Next, if you are using an alternative search engine, like brave, duckduckgo, or waterfox, these popups are always enabled.

If the issue is still persistent, you can shut off the notification by going to about:config, accept the risk (use at own discretion), and then search for privacy.globalprivacycontrol.enabled and set it to false.

If the signal is still disabled yet you keep seeing this notification, check try disabling "clear cookies and site data when closed".

Stil et spørgsmål

Du skal logge ind på din konto for at svare på et indlæg. Start et nyt spørgsmål, hvis du ikke har en konto endnu.