Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Søg i Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Læs mere
Åben

Thunderbird prevents me from receiving and sending emails.

dougmfyfe

Frequently, I can not receive and send emails. A restart or shut down of computer seems to fix this problem; however the restart and shut down also causes the problem. This inability to send and receive emails occurs several times during a 24 hour period. I get a pop up message saying ""The certificate for imap.shaw.ca does not come from a trusted source. Why do I get this message for many emails thta I know are from trusted sources?

Frequently, I can not receive and send emails. A restart or shut down of computer seems to fix this problem; however the restart and shut down also causes the problem. This inability to send and receive emails occurs several times during a 24 hour period. I get a pop up message saying ""The certificate for imap.shaw.ca does not come from a trusted source. Why do I get this message for many emails thta I know are from trusted sources?

Alle svar (1)

The first thing to do would be to confirm your server settings. Here are Rogers/Shaw's recommended settings:

https://www.rogers.com/support/internet/shaw-email/pop-and-imap-email-server-settings

It could also be due to your anti-virus/security software , which often interferes with certificate verification. You can sometimes test that by temporarily disabling it.

However, there have been some other recent complaints similar to yours, about intermittent problems with Shaw's certificates. This is a problem on their end, not with Thunderbird. Until Shaw fixes it, the following discussions mention some possible (but not guaranteed) workarounds:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1608378

https://www.reddit.com/r/Thunderbird/comments/1wujdqi/shaw_rogers_mail_servers/

Stil et spørgsmål

Du skal logge ind på din konto for at svare på et indlæg. Start et nyt spørgsmål, hvis du ikke har en konto endnu.