Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Søg i Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Læs mere
Arkiveret

Search string

Jody Little

I have a hacker who changed my settings constantly especially my device name. Anyway I would like Firefox to be my search engine. I need the correct search string.

I have a hacker who changed my settings constantly especially my device name. Anyway I would like Firefox to be my search engine. I need the correct search string.

Alle svar (2)

This goes beyond firefox forum end user help and you need to talk to a professional that works in this area. Since you said they change it constantly that means you need more help then this forum can provide since your not able to remove this infection of whom is doing this or stop it since this is on your computer and devices now. Settings aren't going to change since Firefox has no default search engine-this installed during the first install are standard loaded search there is no firefox homepage unless you make a search homepage like Google search homepage. You have to make set your own homepage search engine.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-to-set-the-home-page

Firefox is a browser, not a search engine. Installed search engines are listed on the Search page of Settings.