Copy profile and sync in my account
Hello, I need your help and support. I put in steps what i had done.
1. I had a sync in my account email@example.com 2. Format C: without extracting my profile 3. After reinstal Win10 I wanted to sync but forgot the password 4. Reset password, BUT didnt know that when I change my password without Recovery Key all will be lost. 5. When I realized that this happened I found a profile from 2019. 6. Every time when I copy data form old profile to new profile browser want to refresh and whole profile is clear withou data. 7. Also I opened Help->more tools for Troubleshooting information -> Profile folder -> Open -> COPY from old to new. Nothing happened. Still have nothing.
I lost all my password, history and everything.
Please help or how to solve this problem. Or maybe you can recover data from SYNC which is missing after changing password to my mozilla account.
Thank you, Danuta
Alle svar (1)
You can copy certain files with Firefox closed to the current profile folder to transfer or recover personal data.
Note that best is to avoid copying a full profile folder.
You can use the button on the "Help -> More Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder or use the about:profiles page (Root directory).
- Help -> More Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Folder/Directory:
Windows: Open Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder
- bookmarks and history: places.sqlite
- favicons: favicons.sqlite
- bookmark backups: compressed .jsonlz4 JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder
- cookies.sqlite for the Cookies
- formhistory.sqlite for saved autocomplete Form Data
- logins.json (encrypted logins;32+) and key4.db (decryption key;58+) for Passwords saved in the Password Manager
key3.db support ended in 73+; to use key3.db in 58-72, make sure to remove key4.db
- cert9.db (58+) for (intermediate) certificates stored in the Certificate Manager
- persdict.dat for words added to the spell checker dictionary
- permissions.sqlite for Permissions and possibly content-prefs.sqlite for other website specific data (Site Preferences)
- sessionstore.jsonlz4 for open tabs and pinned tabs (see also the sessionstore-backups folder)