Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Søg i Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Læs mere
Arkiveret

Urgent Firefox Update Scam getting incessant

delgriffith

I've been getting the "Urgent Firefox Update" scam redirect at least a couple times per week lately. I understand that infected advertisements on pages I may be visiting launch this thing and that there is no underlying browser hijack malware inside my computer doing it. What is odd to me is that without a click event, a redirect is issued and the opened page immediately launches a "Save File" dialog box. I am wondering if Firefox can simply add some settings I can turn off so that a page cannot redirect like this, or at least cannot redirect to something that launches a "Save File" dialog box.

There should be a way to stop this annoyance if we think about it.

I've been getting the "Urgent Firefox Update" scam redirect at least a couple times per week lately. I understand that infected advertisements on pages I may be visiting launch this thing and that there is no underlying browser hijack malware inside my computer doing it. What is odd to me is that without a click event, a redirect is issued and the opened page immediately launches a "Save File" dialog box. I am wondering if Firefox can simply add some settings I can turn off so that a page cannot redirect like this, or at least cannot redirect to something that launches a "Save File" dialog box. There should be a way to stop this annoyance if we think about it.

Alle svar (1)

hi, the quickest fix is to install an adblocking addon like https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/ - apparently those ad networks are totally out of control :-/