Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

save image as won't save anything anywhere

smartblonde

when I try to use "save image as" with Google Images nothing saves where I tell it to. The Library comes up but when I click on an item in the list nothing opens, "open containing folder " doesn't open either. I f I download a program same thing happens.

I have the latest version of Firefox 23.0 and am using xp professional. I have reset Firefox with no improvement and have changed download folder location, still nothing saves.

I have none of these problems using Internet Explorer.

when I try to use "save image as" with Google Images nothing saves where I tell it to. The Library comes up but when I click on an item in the list nothing opens, "open containing folder " doesn't open either. I f I download a program same thing happens. I have the latest version of Firefox 23.0 and am using xp professional. I have reset Firefox with no improvement and have changed download folder location, still nothing saves. I have none of these problems using Internet Explorer.

All Replies (1)

It is possible that anti-virus software is corrupting downloaded files or is interfering otherwise.

Try to disable the real-time (live) scanning of files in your anti-virus software temporarily to see if that makes downloading work.

See: