Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Web sites blocked or messed up

Steve09

For some reason, Firefox is all messed up . Happened suddenly. Some sites are blocked and says " ⚠ Firefox’s Enhanced Tracking Protection (Strict Mode) is known to cause issues on x.com"

But I'm not using Strict mode. Standard is set.

Or Malewarebytes will block the site and I have to click Continue.

Or in Yahoo.com, Yahoo is written in big black letters on top, and as I scroll down, there's nothing but empty boxes, all on a white background.

No, this is not happening on Chrome. All is normal.

What is going on?

For some reason, Firefox is all messed up . Happened suddenly. Some sites are blocked and says " ⚠️ Firefox’s Enhanced Tracking Protection (Strict Mode) is known to cause issues on x.com" But I'm not using Strict mode. Standard is set. Or Malewarebytes will block the site and I have to click Continue. Or in Yahoo.com, Yahoo is written in big black letters on top, and as I scroll down, there's nothing but empty boxes, all on a white background. No, this is not happening on Chrome. All is normal. What is going on?

All Replies (2)

Also, Google maps is showing just yellow for land and black for water. But I got into this Mozzila site just fine. Go figure.

Firefox is back to normal. Web sites, Maps, etc. are fine.

That was very strange.

Ask a question

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.