Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

ابحث في الدعم

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved المُؤرشفة

I changed my main page to Outlook. Now as soon as Firefox comes up and Outlook starts, it freezes. I cannot even get to the Firefox options to reset them.

JohnRok

I had made some changes to Firefox this morning, including changing the start-up page to Outlook. Now as soon as Firefox comes up and Outlook starts, it freezes. I cannot even get to the Firefox options to reset them.

I had made some changes to Firefox this morning, including changing the start-up page to Outlook. Now as soon as Firefox comes up and Outlook starts, it freezes. I cannot even get to the Firefox options to reset them.

All Replies (2)

To start Firefox up with a blank page with a blank page instead of your home page, you can type or paste the following in the "Run" dialog, or maybe in the charms bar search box (I haven't tested that):

firefox.exe "about:blank"

I'm not sure why Outlook.com -- which should redirect to the Live Mail login page if your previous session cookies have expired -- would freeze Firefox.

الحل المُختار

There is the Outlook main page, and there is the Mail page. What are you using as your home page?

Start Firefox in Safe Mode {web Link} by holding down the <Shift>
(Mac Options)
key, and then starting Firefox. Is the problem still there?