Since today I can't access my Yahoo IMAP and SMTP servers, neither with TB 78.4.0 nor TB 68.12.1. The access to Yahoo's POP3 servers is possible as I have still one Yahoo… (read more)
Since today I can't access my Yahoo IMAP and SMTP servers, neither with TB 78.4.0 nor TB 68.12.1. The access to Yahoo's POP3 servers is possible as I have still one Yahoo e-mail account which uses POP3 server.
Yahoo had announced that they will restrict the access to their e-mail servers for "outdated Apps", but to Thunderbird this restriction should not apply.
Things I've done so far:
- allowed cookies in "Privacy & Security" (was already set)
- deleted all old passwords
- tried to change authentication method to OAuth2 both on IMAP and SMTP servers, worked for the IMAP servers only
The following errors occur:
- TB just says "Couldn't connect to server imap.mail.yahoo.com", and that's it. No "Enter password for server XYZ" dialog is shown
- I can't change the authentication method for SMTP servers to "OAuth2", the option is not shown in the drop down list
- since one of my Yahoo e-mail accounts (which is accessable via POP3) is working with TB, I've tried to access my other Yahoo accounts via POP3 servers instead of IMAP servers, but failed
I would be grateful for any help and ideas.