Showing questions for topic:

I upgraded Firefox on one of my computers and I cannot get my original profile back --- I want Fire fox my way not the way you thinkk I want it -- How do I get my original profle back

I upgraded Firefox on one of my computers and I cannot get my original profile back --- I want Fire fox my way not the way you think I want it -- How do I get my original… (lees meer)

I upgraded Firefox on one of my computers and I cannot get my original profile back --- I want Fire fox my way not the way you think I want it -- How do I get my original profile back

Open 1

Taskbar profile icons missing

For some reason, on my main PC (Windows 10) the icons for different profiles are not displayed over taskbar Firefox icons, while on my laptop (W11) it's properly displaye… (lees meer)

For some reason, on my main PC (Windows 10) the icons for different profiles are not displayed over taskbar Firefox icons, while on my laptop (W11) it's properly displayed. Previously I've used Brave with multiple profiles and profile icons were properly showing on taskbar.

I'm not sure if it's related to system version or some settings, I would greatly appreciate any help as this makes it hard to work with multiple profiles open at the same time.

On the topic of profiles, I would like to suggest two handy changes: 1. separating windows on taskbar by profile would be helpful, like in Brave, where all profiles are not glued together as single row of icons on taskbar. 2. Changing browser icon by profile (the fox icon that can be changed in Appearance settings), they more larger and easier to differentiate, especially as profile icons are all white.

Open

How to disable/remove the profile system

Hello, I need clear instructions for completely disabling/removing Firefox's local profile system from my Firefox installation. I want to use my Mozilla account only, wit… (lees meer)

Hello,

I need clear instructions for completely disabling/removing Firefox's local profile system from my Firefox installation.

I want to use my Mozilla account only, without having separate Firefox profiles such as “Adina” or “Profile 1”. I do not want Firefox to create, display, or require local profiles, profile selectors, or profile-specific icons.

My current situation is:

  • Firefox has created two profiles: “Adina” and “Profile 1”.
  • My Mozilla account is the account I want to use.
  • I want my Firefox data to remain associated with my Mozilla account.
  • I do NOT want to manage separate local Firefox profiles.
  • I want Firefox to behave as a single browser connected to my Mozilla account, without the new profile system.

Please tell me exactly how to disable the profile system completely, if this is possible in the current Firefox version. If it is not possible, please explain why and whether there is an official setting or supported configuration that makes Firefox use only my Mozilla account without these additional profiles.

Please do not just tell me how to switch between profiles or set one profile as default. I specifically want to disable/remove the profile system itself.

Thank you.

Open 1 1

Changing "choose a profile" avatars.

In "choose a profile" I have two profile and they have the same avatar. I would like to change one of the in order to differentiate them. I tried using edit but do not … (lees meer)

In "choose a profile" I have two profile and they have the same avatar. I would like to change one of the in order to differentiate them. I tried using edit but do not get a choice of avatars as I saw in a help article. What can I do?

Thank you for your help!

Rick

Open 3 1

I'm gettinf duplicate tabs when opening links from Outlook

When I try to open a link to an app or program from my Outlook account I get two tabs trying to open the same page. Big load time error. I believe this may be due to havi… (lees meer)

When I try to open a link to an app or program from my Outlook account I get two tabs trying to open the same page. Big load time error. I believe this may be due to having two Mozilla/Firefox accounts and both are trying to open that link. I need to learn how to close one account to keep one open and able to access excess links. I'm open to any reasonable solution that leave me with my history and account info.

Open

My profiles are not coming up.

I had two profiles set up in Firefox that are not showing up now after restarting my computer. One I have been using for YEARS. I have hundreds of bookmarked pages and sa… (lees meer)

I had two profiles set up in Firefox that are not showing up now after restarting my computer. One I have been using for YEARS. I have hundreds of bookmarked pages and saved passwords that I cannot access now. I also have a second business account that is not showing up anywhere and I need for an extremely important meeting in a half hour. This is disastrous and I do not understand why your browser did this.

Open 1

"This profile was last used with a newer version of this application. Please create a new profile."

My bank had me reinstall firefox. NOW I keep getting messages to create a new user because it shows I have previously logged in on a more recent version. I had used a ver… (lees meer)

My bank had me reinstall firefox. NOW I keep getting messages to create a new user because it shows I have previously logged in on a more recent version. I had used a version of 60 something and now I have something in the 40's (140.16.0 .Windows 11) I really hesitate to change users because I do not have a clear picture of what I will lose. Like bookmarks and saved stuff.

I would like to just stop the messages.

Solved 4

Firefox Refresh or disable extensions randomly?

I've been using Firefox for the past few months, and I've noticed a strange issue that happens occasionally when I launch the browser. It's almost like Firefox partially … (lees meer)

I've been using Firefox for the past few months, and I've noticed a strange issue that happens occasionally when I launch the browser. It's almost like Firefox partially resets itself. My extensions are still installed, but they stooped working and their stored sign-in info like in Bitwarden or Raindrop.io is gone. I have to go into the Extensions settings, disable them, and then enable them again to get them working. For example, I use a Speed Dial extension. After one of these sudden resets, my homepage is still set to the Speed Dial page, but it just shows a blank page. I have to go to the extension settings, disable the extension, and enable it again before it works.

Some of my Firefox UI settings also revert to their defaults. For example: - The bookmarks bar, which I have set to never show, appears again. - The sidebar, which I moved to the right side, moves back to the left. - Other UI elements and customization are also reset to their default states.

I'm not entirely sure what triggers this. I think it happened once after a Firefox update, but the next time it happened there was no update involved. Has anyone experienced something similar? What could be causing this, and is there a way to prevent it from happening again?

Open 1

Increse Amount of profile names

Previously, when I clicked on the Firefox profile icon, it showed all 4 profiles at once. Now it only shows 3 initially, and to access the 4th one I have to click "All Pr… (lees meer)

Previously, when I clicked on the Firefox profile icon, it showed all 4 profiles at once. Now it only shows 3 initially, and to access the 4th one I have to click "All Profiles" and then select the specific profile. Is there a way to make it show all 4 profiles together again, like before?

Open

Profiles not showing correctly and cannot edit

Hi, I'm running FF 149.0 (64-bit) on Windows 11. I've used profiles for a while now and on several occassions I've "lost profiles". Currently I have three profiles which… (lees meer)

Hi, I'm running FF 149.0 (64-bit) on Windows 11. I've used profiles for a while now and on several occassions I've "lost profiles". Currently I have three profiles which I set up and edited the icon and colour associated with each. When I launch FF I see the Profile Manager and can select any of the three and I can create a new profile which shows here. However, once in any one of the FF profiles I don't see the others - by which I mean that when I go via the hamburger lines top right and click on the current profile, the 'other profiles' section is blank. I also cannot edit the profile from using the edit pencil top right (after clicking the hamburger lines and clicking on the current profile), it takes me to about:editprofile but the page is completely blank. Confusingly, if I go to about:profiles I see two profiles, neither of which shows up in the Profile Manager! I'm going round in circles trying to understand where to edit my exisitng profiles and make sense of the five profiles that don't all show up in the same place!

Solved In die argief 20 129

Lost my original FF profile when I created a new 2nd profile.

Lost my original FF profile when I created a new 2nd profile. Opened FF. clicked profile icon. in drop down menu, I clicked on " create new profile". Set color, skipped … (lees meer)

Lost my original FF profile when I created a new 2nd profile. Opened FF. clicked profile icon. in drop down menu, I clicked on " create new profile". Set color, skipped most of the rest,then "set default browser to Firefox" using the button in FF dialog box, NOt Windows settings. Found and clicked on box " choose profile at startup". CLosed all instances of FF. Opened FF, box saying choose profile does not show my original profile, only the new one.

Help? I need to get back to my original profile, and keep the new one as choice at startup. How do I do this?

Open 1

My broswer profiles logout comletely on update or sometimes

I’m honestly fed up with this issue. **How is this even acceptable?** Every time I update Firefox, or sometimes completely randomly, my entire Firefox profile gets logged… (lees meer)

I’m honestly fed up with this issue. **How is this even acceptable?** Every time I update Firefox, or sometimes completely randomly, my entire Firefox profile gets logged out.

And it’s not just my Firefox account. **All the websites and services I’m logged into get logged out as well — including my email accounts and other websites where I have active sessions.** I then have to go through the ridiculous process of logging back into everything again.

This has happened **8 TIMES already.** Eight times! This is not a one-time bug or a minor inconvenience anymore. It is seriously disrupting my work and wasting my time.

I need to know **WHY Firefox keeps doing this** and why an ordinary browser update is apparently capable of destroying all my active login sessions. If this is a bug, it needs to be fixed. If it’s caused by a setting, update, or profile issue, then tell me exactly what is causing it and how to stop it.

I’ve used Firefox expecting it to reliably keep my profile and sessions intact. Having to repeatedly log back into my email accounts and every other website is completely unacceptable.

    • Please don’t just send me a generic “restart Firefox” or “clear your cache” response.** I’ve already dealt with this issue 8 times. I want an actual explanation and a proper solution.

Please take this seriously and investigate what is happening to my profile and login sessions.

Thanks.

Open 1 1

I have two instances of Firefox Private browser and Firefox New and Firefox

One instance does not have bookmarks and passwords. The machine keeps switching between instances for Default. Machine is Ideapad 1i Windows, 11 64bit. Both Versions … (lees meer)

One instance does not have bookmarks and passwords. The machine keeps switching between instances for Default. Machine is Ideapad 1i Windows, 11 64bit. Both Versions of of Firefox Appear to be 155.0.

Open