Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved

I upgraded Firefox on one of my computers and I cannot get my original profile back --- I want Fire fox my way not the way you thinkk I want it -- How do I get my original profle back

Bill Remm

I upgraded Firefox on one of my computers and I cannot get my original profile back --- I want Fire fox my way not the way you think I want it -- How do I get my original profile back

I upgraded Firefox on one of my computers and I cannot get my original profile back --- I want Fire fox my way not the way you think I want it -- How do I get my original profile back

All Replies (2)

Gekose oplossing

Hi Bill,

Your original Firefox profile may still be on the computer even if Firefox has started using a different profile after the update.

First, please don't uninstall Firefox or delete any profile folders, as your original profile may contain your bookmarks, history, passwords, extensions and other settings.

Could you open about:profiles in Firefox? This page will show the profiles Firefox currently knows about. If you see your old profile listed there, you can select it and click Launch profile in new browser.

If your original profile is not listed, let us know what you see on the about:profiles page and which operating system you are using. We can then work out where your original profile is and how to get Firefox using it again.

Not sure what I did, but I got it back so all is well Thanks Bill

Vra 'n vraag

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.