Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Hierdie gesprek is in die argief. Vra asseblief 'n nuwe vraag as jy hulp nodig het.
In die argief

How do I locate the source of a random .wav notice in 9.0.1?

joleigh55

There's a chime that pops up randomly, and I have no idea what's causing it or how to stop it. It's very annoying. How can I find it?

There's a chime that pops up randomly, and I have no idea what's causing it or how to stop it. It's very annoying. How can I find it?

All Replies (1)

Hi joleigh55- I cannot tell you why the chime is occurring. Is it connected to a particular action or website? Are you sure it's from Firefox, or is it from an open application?

If it's one particular sound that you dislike, you could search on your local computer for .wav files, and delete the one you don't like.