Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
How to prevent automatic cache/cookie clearing?
I have the latest and updated FF version. Since months (and older versions), FF started to clear automatically cache every few days, even when it's properly closed. How to stop this? I have to open hundreds of sites and forums daily. I have to non-stop log in again and wait for pages to load for ages (because of cleared cache).
I'm sorry for asking this for the millionth time. I browsed every single support thread and nothing actually resolves the problem. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/935257 Nothing fits.
- No suspicious addons (I have only dictionary installed) - No viruses (checked) - No firewall or any other blocking - Everything fine in Tools, for browsing history (+ override cache management unchecked (tested with both options) - Reset doesn't help - Everything is fine and compatible in Troubleshoot - Changing value to 2 in "browser cache frequency" in about:config has nothing to do with the problem and instead prevents sites from caching new versions.
Is there anything more I can do?
All Replies (7)
At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button (Tools menu in Windows XP) and then click Options then select the Privacy panel and then in the History section, set Firefox will: "remember history" and this should fix your issue.
Do you have any cleanup or security software running every few days that could be causing this?
@FEER56 "Remember history" is already chosen. I thought about that already.
@cor-el No, absolutely nothing. I do this things manually and I have no scheduled scanning. The only thing I use from time to time (manually) is Malwarebyte, but it's strictly manual process, because I use free version.
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox and any leftover program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps one by one:
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (click Exit from the Firefox or File menu) and confirm all upcoming messages.
- Now, uninstall Firefox by following the steps mentioned in the Uninstall Firefox article.
IMPORTANT: On Windows, the uninstaller has the option to remove your personal data and settings. Make sure that you do not check this option; otherwise all of your bookmarks, passwords, extensions, user customizations and other Firefox user profile data will be removed from your computer.
After uninstalling Firefox on Windows, delete the "Mozilla Firefox" program folder, located by default in one of these locations:
- (On 32-bit Windows) C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- (On 64-bit Windows) C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Go to the Windows Start menu and click on "Computer".
- In the Explorer window that opens, double click Local Disk (C:) to open the C:\ drive.
- Find the "Program Files (x86)" folder or "Program Files" folder.
- On 32-bit Windows, double-click the Program Files folder to open it.
- On 64-bit Windows, you will see a "Program Files (x86)" folder AND a "Program Files" folder. Open the Program Files (x86) folder.
- Look for a Mozilla Firefox folder. If you find one, right-click it and select Delete and confirm that you want to move the folder to the Recycle Bin.
Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
Please report back to see if this helped you!
Sorry for replying after 3 months. I forgot to post. I did the clean reinstall and it didn't solve the problem.
THAT'S BULL CRAP AND YOU KNOW IT....FIREFOX PLAIN AND SIMPLE NEEDS TO FIX THE CACHE....I'VE ASK OVER A MILLION TIMES FOR FIREFOX TO FIX THEIR CACHE.....IT DOES NOT CLEAR.
I KNOW HOW TO CLEAR THE HISTORY & CACHE.....DAH!, BUT THE CACHE DOES NOT CLEAR......
HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO ASK FOR HELP WITH THIS, AND GET THE PROPER RESPONSE ON HOW TO FIX, OTHER THEN UNINSTALL FIREFOX AND REINSTALL. IF I HAVE TO UNINSTALL FIREFOX ONE MORE TIME....IT WON'T BE INSTALL AGAIN.
THINK I KNOW THE SOLUTION.....DONATE AND YOU'LL GET HELP, OTHERWISE YOUR SCREWED!
Okulungisiwe ngu JKSVC
Websites remembering you and automatically log you on is stored in a cookie.
- Create an allow cookie exception (Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: Exceptions) to keep such a cookie, especially for secure websites and if cookies expire when Firefox is closed.
Make sure that you do not run Firefox in Private Browsing mode.
Do not use Clear Recent History to clear the "Site Preferences" and the "Cookies" as this doesn't take exceptions into account, but removes all specified data.
Clearing "Site Preferences" clears all exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, software installation, and passwords.