Does Windows 8 cause a few random characters, slow pages & webpages incorrectly formatted?
I get a few random characters on a few webpages, slow webpage downloads and a few webpages incorrectly formatted.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
Ngaso sonke isikhathi lapho i-Firefox ivulwa
Lokhu kwaqala ngenkathi...
After I installed Windows 8 and tried to upgrade Java.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1996
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking Rich Internet Application Support - Plugin
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 188.8.131.52
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.2
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2069
- Plugin for Wacom tablets.
- Wacom Dynamic Link Library
- Office Live Update v1.5
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Virtual Earth 3D 4.00100226006 plugin for Mozilla
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Macromedia Authorware Web Player Netscape plug-in, version 2004
- Windows Multimedia Services DRM Store Plug-In
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
I have already tried solutions in your crashing & add-on errors but they do not work. I took two screen shots. I have Win 8 Pro and I see Java is still at vsn 7 update 5 (build 1.7.0_05_b06). Disabling Java did not make any difference. Restarting Firefox did not make any difference. Previously I had very good speed and was error free in my Windows 7 Pro platform.
Is Windows 8 the problem? Where do I insert my two screen shots? I do not see any box to paste them.
You can't attach a screenshot to the first post that starts a thread, but you can do that in subsequent replies.
Use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
Try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.
- Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"
Here are some examples of my problem.
error uploading stuff too.
very slow to upload
it's not uploading properly - another problem with Firefox. upload limit is 1Mb.
A few random characters.
Hello Jumboshares, keep in mind, that windows 8 is not yet listed as a supported OS in 16.x version on firefox see: Firefox 16 System Requirements, it is in the next 17.0 version see: Firefox 17 System Requirements, 17.0 coming in 2012-11-20 .
Such random characters can be added by your security software (firewall) as a record count of each section.
A possible cause is security software (firewall,anti-virus) that blocks or restricts Firefox or the plugin-container process without informing you, possibly after detecting changes (update) to the Firefox program.
Remove all rules for Firefox and the plugin-container from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox and the plugin-container process and the updater process.
I have this issue as well. It's surprising to me that it's taking this long to get out Firefox when Windows 8 has been around in beta for a long time. Even Opera has released their Windows 8 browser, now that's bad.
Slow web page loading, some web pages won't load all their graphics, random characters or crazy formatting at times.
Oh I forgot to mention terrible multi touch control of Firefox in Win8, no tap to zoom, extremely slow pinch to zoom in / out, cannot scroll left right, only up down works and it's very ratchety.