Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
Firefox scroll bar, windows 11
In windows 11 firefox has a 2mm wide scroll bar. Is it possible to restore its former 5 mm width?
All Replies (6)
In the Windows 11 search box (on the Start menu or Taskbar) type scroll bar and look for something similar to "Automatically hide scroll bars in Windows". Click that to open a control panel so you can switch off that setting. Does that work on yours?
Alternately, there might be a way to set Firefox to ignore the system setting (if you like the invisible/hover scroll bar on other applications), but I'm still on Windows 10 so I haven't experimented.
See also the scroll bar setting in Firefox.
- Settings -> General -> Browsing -> Always show scrollbars
I was extremely vexed by the same problem until I discovered this solution: Windows settings: Accessibility: Visual effects: Always show scrollbars: On. This will make them more visible.
I found the "Turn on scroll bar" setting, and it turned on the scroll bar. But the bar is very narrow. It used to wider in Windows 10, and it is wider in Google Chrome. How do you set it back to the old scroll bar width?
Hi, I'm still on Windows 10, so I can't test this, but could you try it:
(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk.
More info on about:config: Configuration Editor for Firefox. The moderators would like us to remind you that changes made through this back door aren't fully supported and aren't guaranteed to continue working in the future.
(2) In the search box in the page, type or paste scrollbar. and pause while the list is filtered
Firefox should display 10-12 preferences.
(3) Double-click the widget.non-native-theme.win.scrollbar.use-system-size preference to switch the value from true to false
With that preference set to false, you should be able to set your own width...
(4) Double-click the widget.non-native-theme.scrollbar.size.override preference to display an editing field, and change the value to 17 then press Enter or click the blue check mark button to save the change.
Note: 17 is based on Windows 10. You can use whatever value makes you happy. If you reset it back to 0, it will use the OS default width.
Does that work?
You can get the wider Windows 10 style scrollbars by going to about:config in the address bar and changing widget.non-native-theme.scrollbar.style to 4.