Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
Firefox and Ancestry.com
Since this last Firefox update, when I log into my Ancestry.com account and try to access my DNA matches nothing comes up. I have used another browser and can access them just fine there so it is a Firefox problem and not an Ancestry one. Thanks Laura
All Replies (10)
I an having this same problem where no DNA data shows except for the pictures and names of the initial 8 people. Problem has been ongoing since last week. Ancestry says this is a Firefox problem.
There have been several reports on this forum. I can't test it because I don't have a login, let alone "DNA matches".
Do you have the Strict mode of the Tracking Protection? Try to switch to a Normal mode.
Note that this is about Ancestry using newrelic to host some files and this server is on a disconnect blocklist used by Firefox ETP and content blocking extensions.
- /questions/1406281 Ancestry missing DNA matches
If you use extensions ("3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions) that can block content (Adblock Plus, NoScript, DuckDuckGo PE, Disconnect, Ghostery, Privacy Badger, uBlock Origin) always make sure such extensions do not block content.
- make sure your extensions and filters are updated to the latest version
Firefox shows a purple shield instead of a gray shield at the left end of the location/address bar in case Enhanced Tracking Protection is blocking content.
- click the shield icon for more detail and possibly disable the protection
You can check the Web Console for relevant-looking messages about blocked content.
I want to add some info to the DNA matches incompatibility FFx now has with ancestry.com. I am really ticked, so sarcasm will be evident. It occurs in Windows 10 Pro as well as W11. It occurs in FFx 110.0 and sadly, today's 110.0.1 release. 109 and prior were fine. A.com knows all about the above including today's disappointing update. They believe it's FFx too, as any reasonable person would. Interestingly, Chromebooks have a FFx 109 available from the Play Store, and DNA shows properly there. (My pet Chromebook is version 110 of Chrome OS, coincidence doubtless.) FFx is NOT an available update after installation on the Chromebook. They seem to have learned their lesson. Stable business version is presently 102, as I recall. That's scary. Back to Ffx. 110.0.1 caused another interesting thing to happen. If you choose DNA in the top left set of tab-like choices, and then the first choice there, to go to the so-called DNA home page, you will see around 6-8 strange partial refreshes occur before the page stabilizes. One contained an item which is not even present on the final page. But this isn't only in Ffx. I checked Opera and Chrome Browsers and they behave differently, but not always normally. Also, both show DNA matches properly. (However, I have an immense bookmark file and Opera blew up on it, as well as having what I consider a terrible bookmark interface. Chrome, as well, now triple spaces all its bookmark lists. Preposterous. ) This is really unacceptable. Mozilla, please get your act together.
Strict Tracking mode was not on. I changed Custom to Basic, which caused nothing regarding DNA matches to behave differently.
Also, because ancestry.com's Display Name and User Name are so incredibly confusing (not to mention the invitational name and the other 3 places you have to choose/create a name) I decided to set username and display name here in Mozilla to be the same.
Thank you for everyone's thoughts on this which I also have had issues with Ancestry and my DNA pages. My DNA pages appear grey with no content. I also do not have 'hints' appearing on people in my family trees.
I tested on Safari (a platform which I never use as I do not like it) and could see all Ancestry DNA pages.
As per a suggestion above, I have now turned off the "Enhanced Tracking Protection" (which is the shield icon to the left of the url on firefox) and I can now access my DNA pages on Ancestry.
Thank you, thank you!
Update: I opened up a Private browsing page,then went to Ancestry-DNA matches then Turned off ETP and bam,all my matches are back!! This only worked for me in Private browsing. Hope it helps!
I have done refresh,cleaned cookies/data,turned off ETP,added the address to trusted,I have done everything everyone has suggested. I even called Ancestry directly,they said the problem is with FF,since their last update. I refuse to use chrome,so I guess after a freakin week of this I will need to get rid of FF and download Opera. Since no one has a real fix for this problem. I can see everything on Ancestry,except for the DNA matches. A real bummer for my research. So disappointed!
Okulungisiwe ngu funnyface611
I ended up getting my matches back by clearing off all of my customizations on Firefox. I went to settings and privacy and set it to Standard and all my matches have been visible since then. Hope this helps.