Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
Solved Okugcinwe kunqolobane

When I use my Gmail acct. to create a Sync acct. it says my password is wrong, but when I log into my Gmail from any browser the password works, why is this?

EmoFo

My Gmail password works when I log into my email via a web browser. However, when I use the same email and password to create a Firefox Sync account it says my password is incorrect. What is going on here? Thank you.

My Gmail password works when I log into my email via a web browser. However, when I use the same email and password to create a Firefox Sync account it says my password is incorrect. What is going on here? Thank you.

All Replies (2)

Isisombululo Esikhethiwe

When you create a Firefox Account to use Sync, you're actually creating a completely separate account that should have its own password. The site asks for your email address to send you a confirmation link. Neither Firefox nor Mozilla wants to connect to your Google Account, so please don't tell Mozilla your Google password.

Thank you for your time and consideration!