Google takes forever to load
Well, slow loading site is not a new question. But my problem is that I can't search on google from the URL bar when I press ctrl + l. I actually search on google, but it loads very slow. But if I again open a new tab and go to google.com, while the search is loading in the previous tab, it instantly loads google on both of the tabs. So when I search something on the URL bar, I have to also open another tab and type google.com, or straight just go to google.com and search for something.
I have already tried clearing the cache. I am straight up using Google's primary (1), secondary (2), and cloudflare's primary (3) DNS. I don't face the issue with Chromium for example, and also linux commands like dig google.com and drill google.com are instantaneous.
I previously used dnsmasq and same issue, I disabled it, and the issue still persists. It's annoying. I have no trouble loading sites like duckduckgo.
I am on Archlinux, but I am using the official firefox build coming from mozilla.org. The current firefox version is 88.0b3 (64-bit) (autoupdates disabled through policies.json).
由 Sourav 於 修改
see if using www.google works better than using the https//: version
You appear to be on the aurora update channel (DE) using Firefox 88.0b3 and Firefox 88.0 has been released officially, so why not update to the release version instead of staying with an unfinished 88.0b3 ?
Hi, ddben, unfortunately the search engine is set to google from the settings. That's where I got the problem. If I visit google.com with https:// or www prefix, it loads just fine like other sites. I can't just happen to search from the URL bar.
Hi cor-el, I just updated firefox to 89.4, and seems like it's okay so far. Maybe it could be bug in the version. But as this problem starts happening randomly, and when it starts it doesn't go away until I restart firefox, I have to see whether or not the update really fixed this problem.
You should test with cloudflare dns 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 How many hops are you from google.com?
jonzn4suse@ZBook-17-G2-Tumbleweed:(pts/3) [12:50am]> tr google.com traceroute to google.com (126.96.36.199), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets 1 GT-R (188.8.131.52) 0.115 ms 0.135 ms 0.120 ms 2 184.108.40.206 (220.127.116.11) 11.467 ms 11.451 ms 11.437 ms 3 18.104.22.168 (22.214.171.124) 11.959 ms 12.013 ms 11.999 ms 4 126.96.36.199 (188.8.131.52) 11.917 ms 11.903 ms 11.889 ms 5 184.108.40.206 (220.127.116.11) 13.959 ms 13.946 ms 13.979 ms 6 18.104.22.168 (22.214.171.124) 13.966 ms 13.042 ms 13.069 ms 7 10.252.61.190 (10.252.61.190) 13.004 ms 9.972 ms 9.923 ms 8 126.96.36.199 (188.8.131.52) 10.757 ms 184.108.40.206 (220.127.116.11) 12.729 ms 18.104.22.168 (22.214.171.124) 12.181 ms 9 126.96.36.199 (188.8.131.52) 17.059 ms 17.134 ms lga25s60-in-f14.1e100.net (184.108.40.206) 16.924 ms
Well, so looks like the problem wasn't in the DNS in the first place!... The problem fixed after an update to the next major version!
thats good news!
as a suggestion, turn off the auto updating to lock in your current version