Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Ezilondoloziweyo

I used to have a feature that allowed me to search emails using a keyword. I lost that feature and want to get it back. How can I do that?

MaryNakashian

I used to have a feature on the top of my Thunderbird email page that allowed me to search my emails using a keyword. I inadvertently lost that feature and cannot figure out how to get it back. How can I do that? Thank you.

I used to have a feature on the top of my Thunderbird email page that allowed me to search my emails using a keyword. I inadvertently lost that feature and cannot figure out how to get it back. How can I do that? Thank you.
Funda le mpendulo kwimeko leyo

Isisombululo esiKhethiweyo

When I have the main address folder of the mailbox selected in the Folder Pane the Quick Filter choice is greyed out. If I select any other folder, IE: Inbox, Drafts, Sent, etc, the Quick Filter choice is active under the Toolbar menu.

All Replies (3)

Maybe you are talking about the Quick Filter bar.

From the Menu Bar select View-Toolbars and click it back on.

No menu bar showing? Press the alt key.

Thank you very much. At least I know where to look and what this is called. But, when I went to View and then Toolbars, the "quick filter" option was grayed out and I couldn't click on it.

I went into Customize where there was a long list of options, but none said "quick filter."

Isisombululo esiKhethiweyo

When I have the main address folder of the mailbox selected in the Folder Pane the Quick Filter choice is greyed out. If I select any other folder, IE: Inbox, Drafts, Sent, etc, the Quick Filter choice is active under the Toolbar menu.