Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Ezilondoloziweyo

Sometimes the address bar / url field is filled up with weird characters. How can I stop this?

kjmork

The address bar in Firefox fills sometimes completely with strange characters. There are no letters or numbers, but symbols / icons. Is this a bug or something that I can change? Here you can see how this looks. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByVixQ4OnwKfWGJBZTRxRGJZWVE/edit?usp=sharing

The address bar in Firefox fills sometimes completely with strange characters. There are no letters or numbers, but symbols / icons. Is this a bug or something that I can change? Here you can see how this looks. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByVixQ4OnwKfWGJBZTRxRGJZWVE/edit?usp=sharing

All Replies (1)

Try disabling the RSS Icon 1.0.6 extension. A number of users have reported that extension as causing that type of display.