Hiển thị các câu hỏi cho chủ đề:
Hiển thị các câu hỏi được đánh dấu:

Windows Extension Management policy - unexpected behaviour

Hi We are managing Firefox settings using Intune and successfully imported the Mozilla/Firefox ADMX files. A few settings are working as expected on a test device, though… (xem thêm)

Hi

We are managing Firefox settings using Intune and successfully imported the Mozilla/Firefox ADMX files. A few settings are working as expected on a test device, though we're encountering issues with the Extension Management policy.

We followed this documentation to set up the extension management json: https://firefox-admin-docs.mozilla.org/reference/policies/extensionsettings/. I can see the policy is loaded into Firefox, though I am unable to add uBlock Origin, which should be allowed. All extensions are blocked, and the custom error message does not appear either, but instead "Download failed. Please check your connection."

I've tried a few variations with mixed success, but I haven't been able to get "allowed" extensions to work. Force installed extensions seem to work just fine.

Here's a minimal policies.json that demonstrates the issue:

{

   "*": {
       "blocked_install_message": "Custom error message.",
       "installation_mode": "blocked"
   },
   "uBlock0@raymondhill.net": {
       "installation_mode": "allowed"
   }

}

Is there something I'm missing? The test device is running Firefox 156.0.1 64-bit, firefox.admx 8.3, mozilla.admx 4.8. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Đã giải quyết 2 143

Windows ExtensionSettings registry key takes priority over ExtensionSettings REG_SZ/REG_MULTI_SZ

We are managing Firefox settings using Intune via Imported ADMX templates. We are managing Extension Settings via 'Extension Management (JSON on one line)' which works fi… (xem thêm)

We are managing Firefox settings using Intune via Imported ADMX templates.

We are managing Extension Settings via 'Extension Management (JSON on one line)' which works fine for our force installs, force removals etc.

We have noticed that some users have installed 3rd party extensions which create the ExtensionSettings key in the registry with the 3rd party extension details.

The issue we see if when ExtensionSettings exists as a REG_SZ or REG_MULTI_SZ under `HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Mozilla\Firefox` it is then ignored if the `HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Mozilla\Firefox\ExtensionSettings` key exists.

Is there a setting we can use to have these settings merged by Firefox or have the REG_SZ/REG_MULTI_SZ take priority or is the only way to ensure enterprise policy continues to work we need to migrate our extension settings into the key rather than string?

Thanks!

Mở 4 112

Firefox GPO's extension settings not working

I am trying to use group policy to block all extensions from being installed and only allow approved extensions. I have followed the article: https://firefox-admin-docs.m… (xem thêm)

I am trying to use group policy to block all extensions from being installed and only allow approved extensions.

I have followed the article:

https://firefox-admin-docs.mozilla.org/reference/policies/extensionsettings/

And here is my JSON config but it doesnt seem to be working and I can still install any extension.

{

 "*": { 

"blocked_install_message": "Please email the IT Helpdesk if you think an extension should be unblocked.", "installation_mode": "blocked" }, "com.abr.startapp@adminbyrequest.com": { "installation_mode": "force_installed", "install_url": "https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/downloads/latest/admin-by-request/latest.xpi" } }

Please can anyone advise or confirm if this is a bug.

We are using firefox version 147.0.4 (64-bit)

Thanks

Đã lưu trữ 1 161

Can't remove Purview Firefox browser extension with intune

Hello, New subscriber here. I have been given the task to test the install and uninstall of the Purview Firefox browser extension using Intune. I created 2 groups in En… (xem thêm)

Hello,

New subscriber here. I have been given the task to test the install and uninstall of the Purview Firefox browser extension using Intune. I created 2 groups in EntraID, one for each (install and uninstall).

I have no issues with the installation. Initially, I left the test device in the install group and then added it to the uninstall group to remove it. (this usually works with other apps, it worked this way with the Purview Chrome browsing extension as well other apps) but when I do this, nothing happens.

Next, I removed the device from the install group and added it to the uninstall group only. Once the configuration profile applies to the test device, it allows the user to remove it manually (before it did not) but the extension remains installed.

I have created a policy using the administrative template extension uninstall option as well as with the OMA-URI settings but the same happens. When i check the device configuration for the device in Intune, it says it succeeded but that is not the case. The OMA-URI setting I was not too sure about, but gave it a shot. I used the UUID value for the Purview Firefox extension

I am attaching some pictures and hope someone can tell me what I am doing wrong. I can add additional information, if needed. I have opened a ticket with Microsoft last week but have not called me yet. I ran into this forum today.

Thanks in advance

Đã lưu trữ 12 373

Force-Pinning Extension doesn't Appear to Work (GPO in Microsoft AD)

I am having the same issue as this other user here: https://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/comments/17wvuwh/help_pinning_extension_in_firefox_with_gpo/ Preliminaries -- Initia… (xem thêm)

I am having the same issue as this other user here: https://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/comments/17wvuwh/help_pinning_extension_in_firefox_with_gpo/

Preliminaries -- Initially (before trying to force-pin), I had these GPOs enabled:

Extensions to Install -> https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/downloads/file/4410896/bitwarden_password_manager-2024.12.4.xpi

Prevent extensions from being disabled or removed ->

(Those GPOs above all work.)

What I'm trying to do: Force-pin Bitwarden.

I believe I've followed the documentation correctly (except for not including a "*" case): https://mozilla.github.io/policy-templates/#extensionsettings

I've enabled this GPO with this value:

Extension Management ->

{

 "{446900e4-71c2-419f-a6a7-df9c091e268b}": {
   "default_area": "navbar"
 }

}

After running various "GPUpdate"s and whatnot, the option to uncheck "Pin to toolbar" is still available to click.

I've verified in "about:policies#active" that the JSON item appears next to "ExtensionSettings" and that there are no errors listed in the "Errors" tab.

I've also verified that it appears in the correct location in the Registry.

Since another user had the same issue (Reddit link above), I figured it'd be a good idea to check in with y'all to see if we are missing something.

Thanks for your help!

Đã giải quyết Đã lưu trữ 4 343