Chủ đề này đã được lưu trữ. Vui lòng hỏi một câu hỏi mới nếu bạn cần giúp đỡ.
My college website will not work on firefox, but it works on every other browser, what gives?
I have blackboard through my college, it is how I work on my class work, and it will not work on firefox. I have deleted and installed firefox several times and nothing has worked. It works on every other browser I have tried but not on firefox.
Tất cả các câu trả lời (3)
Try Firefox Safe Mode to see if the problem goes away. Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode, which disables most add-ons.
(If you're not using it, switch to the Default theme.)
- You can open Firefox 4.0+ in Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you open the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- Or open the Help menu and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
Once you get the pop-up, just select "'Start in Safe Mode"
If the issue is not present in Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one. Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article for that.
To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before opening Firefox for normal use again.
When you figure out what's causing your issues, please let us know. It might help other users who have the same problem.
Besides the usual diagnostics as mentioned by amits, Firefox may not be supported by your college. There should be a faq or something on the college website that lists supported browsers.
At least in the US, Firefox and IE are almost universally supported by education websites, and then Chrome and Safari to a lesser degree.
If the website works with Chrome, Safari or even Opera then surely it should work for Firefox.
There may be some institutions that require the Firefox ESR version such as MIT. http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/
If you do not want to permanently install ESR version, you can download the portable edition
You should ask your institution which version of Blackboard they use. Support for various OSes and browsers depend on the version of Blackboard used by your institution.
- Current Blackboard (version 9 SP7) - http://kb.blackboard.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=91389968
- Prior versions of Blackboard - http://kb.blackboard.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=38830689
Other - Check your Plugins and update as needed.
- Check your Plugins - https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.6.8 (not the same as Flash, Adobe Flash, Shockwave Flash)
- See - http://kb.mozillazine.org/Shockwave
- Download (the FULL installer), save to hard drive, close all browsers, run the installer) - https://www.adobe.com/products/shockwaveplayer/shwv_distribution3.html