Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Tìm kiếm hỗ trợ

Tránh các lừa đảo về hỗ trợ. Chúng tôi sẽ không bao giờ yêu cầu bạn gọi hoặc nhắn tin đến số điện thoại hoặc chia sẻ thông tin cá nhân. Vui lòng báo cáo hoạt động đáng ngờ bằng cách sử dụng tùy chọn "Báo cáo lạm dụng".

Tìm hiểu thêm
Đã lưu trữ

How do I disable the plugin-container.exe? It is eating a lot of memory.

Enipuzgma

When my computer slows down, I open the task manager and it tells me that the plugin-container.exe is using upwards of 79k in memory. Is there a way that I can disable it? What are the consequences of doing so and are there any other remedies for this exorbitant use of memory by that program?

When my computer slows down, I open the task manager and it tells me that the plugin-container.exe is using upwards of 79k in memory. Is there a way that I can disable it? What are the consequences of doing so and are there any other remedies for this exorbitant use of memory by that program?

Tất cả các câu trả lời (3)

If you disable the plugin-container then that additional memory will be used by Firefox, so the net result is null. The plugin-container process is for protection, to prevent Firefox from crashing in case of a plugin crashes.

See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Plugin-container_and_out-of-process_plugins

My Firefox is showing 155MB memory used and plugin container is 211MB. My only plugins are AdBlock, Colorful Tabs, Java Console, and Session Manager. Does this sound a bit excessive to anyone else?!?!?

Thanks in advance.

Do not confuse extensions and plugins.
Extensions (Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) add extra functionality (features) to Firefox.
Plugins (Tools > Add-ons > Plugins) make it possible to handle specific data (files) served by websites like media files and Flash content.