Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Tìm kiếm hỗ trợ

Tránh các lừa đảo về hỗ trợ. Chúng tôi sẽ không bao giờ yêu cầu bạn gọi hoặc nhắn tin đến số điện thoại hoặc chia sẻ thông tin cá nhân. Vui lòng báo cáo hoạt động đáng ngờ bằng cách sử dụng tùy chọn "Báo cáo lạm dụng".

Tìm hiểu thêm
Đã giải quyết

firefox on android syorage at 1.25 GB and climbing

Senakujin

Overtime android seems to balloon in storage size.

I tried deleting history and data inside the app, it lowered slightly then shot back up.


I does not always go up, seems i can go days or weeks wothout a noticeable increase, my guess it is happens whenever android is managing stored memory on apps, i recently restarted and it grew again.


I have tried remote debugging over usb on a mac and could not find anything taking up any amount of data that would account for this.


I dont really know what to do, i would like to avoid uninstalling the app and manually readding pw thing or gaving to save them to firefoxs cloud save. Eventually i will have to as phone storage is getting very low.


I mostly just watch YT on a regular tab, and browse the web in private tabs. I have ublock , no script, video backgroundplay fix as enabled addons, if any of that helps. None of them had a big memory footprint in remote debug.

Overtime android seems to balloon in storage size. I tried deleting history and data inside the app, it lowered slightly then shot back up. I does not always go up, seems i can go days or weeks wothout a noticeable increase, my guess it is happens whenever android is managing stored memory on apps, i recently restarted and it grew again. I have tried remote debugging over usb on a mac and could not find anything taking up any amount of data that would account for this. I dont really know what to do, i would like to avoid uninstalling the app and manually readding pw thing or gaving to save them to firefoxs cloud save. Eventually i will have to as phone storage is getting very low. I mostly just watch YT on a regular tab, and browse the web in private tabs. I have ublock , no script, video backgroundplay fix as enabled addons, if any of that helps. None of them had a big memory footprint in remote debug.

Tất cả các câu trả lời (2)

Giải pháp được chọn

This sounds like:

If you're able to debug your way around the db/storages, could you check if the same SQL file might still be the culprit?

It would be helpful to file a new bug if the maintenance is still not running for you on that storage. Thanks.

Hm, i am not sure.

I could not find quicksuggest-amp.sql , i asked an LLM where to look and it suggested storage>indexed DB>chrome>remote-settings , but i only saw: attachments, collections,records,timestamps. It is an LLM though so i qould not be surprised it its confused it for a desktop setting or just gave bad information.


I may have contaminated things though, as i enabled/disabled 'settings>search>suggestions from firefox'.


The data rose to 1.28gb so i ended up deleting browsing-hostory/cookies-and-site-data/cached-images-and-files. This dropped it to 844mb, after a few hours of letting a playlist on yt run its 846mb. Restarting also did not balloon the data again.


So it might be fixed, but i may of contaminated checking what ever was causing the issue. If this seems like normal storage growth values to you then i guess things are fine.


I can update again after a week or month to see where things stand, or follow whatever advice you may have. I am not sure why its behaving better now.


EDIT: its at 863mb and has fallen in size at times. I set maximum memory use down in gekoview so hopefully it wont grow beyond 50mb. I guess the issue may be gone, but i dont think i offered anything helpful so ill just mark it as solved.

Được chỉnh sửa bởi Senakujin vào

Đặt một câu hỏi

Bạn phải đăng nhập vào tài khoản của bạn để trả lời bài viết. Vui lòng bắt đầu một câu hỏi mới, nếu bạn chưa có tài khoản.