Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Tìm kiếm hỗ trợ

Tránh các lừa đảo về hỗ trợ. Chúng tôi sẽ không bao giờ yêu cầu bạn gọi hoặc nhắn tin đến số điện thoại hoặc chia sẻ thông tin cá nhân. Vui lòng báo cáo hoạt động đáng ngờ bằng cách sử dụng tùy chọn "Báo cáo lạm dụng".

Tìm hiểu thêm
Chủ đề này đã đóng và được lưu lại. Vui lòng hỏi một câu hỏi mới nếu bạn cần giúp đỡ.
Đã khóa Đã lưu trữ

How to configure "What Firefox should do with other files" with policies.json

SuMo Bot

Hi,

I deployed the last Firefox ESR update and I just found about this new feature : https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/manage-downloads-preferences-using-downloads-menu

So files are now downloaded and users are no longer prompted for what to do. My question is can we change this to "Ask whether to open or save files" using policies.json?

Kind regards,

McB

Hi, I deployed the last Firefox ESR update and I just found about this new feature : https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/manage-downloads-preferences-using-downloads-menu So files are now downloaded and users are no longer prompted for what to do. My question is can we change this to "Ask whether to open or save files" using policies.json? Kind regards, McB

Tất cả các câu trả lời (1)

The preferences is: browser.download.always_ask_before_handling_new_types You can set browser. prefs via policies.json. See Preferences:

Similar question:

  • /questions/1390362 about:preferences " What should Firefox do with other files?" change with mozialla.cfg / How can I control this setting using mozilla.cfg?


(moving to Firefox for Enterprise support)

This question has been locked because the original author has deleted their account. While you can no longer post new replies, the existing content remains available for reference.