Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Tìm kiếm hỗ trợ

Tránh các lừa đảo về hỗ trợ. Chúng tôi sẽ không bao giờ yêu cầu bạn gọi hoặc nhắn tin đến số điện thoại hoặc chia sẻ thông tin cá nhân. Vui lòng báo cáo hoạt động đáng ngờ bằng cách sử dụng tùy chọn "Báo cáo lạm dụng".

Tìm hiểu thêm
Đã lưu trữ

Firefox Android

John Hampshire

Why, when I click on a URL while using Firefox on my Android phone, is it always invoked in the address field via google.com? I get that Android is Google, but does anyone know a way to disable this totally unnecessary, and privacy-destroying, functionality?

Why, when I click on a URL while using Firefox on my Android phone, is it always invoked in the address field via google.com? I get that Android is Google, but does anyone know a way to disable this totally unnecessary, and privacy-destroying, functionality?

Tất cả các câu trả lời (4)

Hi John

I am not sure what you mean by invoked in the address field via Google - when I select links, the pages open without going back to a Google page.

You can change the default search provider under the Search options in the Firefox for Android Settings menu.

Hi Seburo,

The attached screen grab shows you what I mean. I tapped a hyperlink in an email and, as usual, it is executed via a google.com call rather than just loading the URL.

No other browser does this, either the OEM version loaded on my Huawei P30 Pro or Brave.

Cheers, John.


John Hampshire t: [number removed] m: [number removed] [email removed]@gmail.com

Được chỉnh sửa bởi NoahSUMO vào

Gmail always registers your in-mail urls and clicks. It can be hidden in different browsers, but it always goes through a google server.

Please read this article. There's an addon, you can install in the Nightly version, or you can just switch to DuckDuckGo or anything else.